Raven M40 in .223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven M40 in .223

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Damn good shooting and a very nice setup you've put together.
    How big are those circles on your target?
    I'm heading out tomorrow morning to test out a couple of new loads with Sierra match 53 grainers along with my 69 MKs that my stick seems to enjoy.

I've been shooting the last couple of times with no rear bag, just my old buttpack filled with a towel and a couple of old tee shirts for the front to test on.
    That was an eye opener for me without the rear bag, took some swelling down from my head.
    I need to get prepped that way for next year, that and getting used to being kicked a bit from a .308 instead of my .223.

Its time for me to toughen up again !

That's a sweet looking rifle my friend, beautiful grain and finish.
    I have a ways to go on the one I'm inletting for the .308.

Comment

Those targets are downloadable from somewhere on the site here.

Inner is one inch.

Outer is two inches.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Phil....is it just me? Can’t see you pictures😔. Anyone else having issues?

Comment

• gwdhky5
          gwdhky5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, I can't see them either.

Your pictures....

Comment

The picture thing is screwy these days.

You may have to be using Firefox to see them. Or maybe Google if you are using Firefox.

I used to download them right to the server for the site but I keep getting an error message about files being too big.

Too Beucoup something Im not used to hearing or able to reach around.

Comment

Guessing Pvt Joker sees them based on his comment.

No big deal your not missing much.

I had paid Kate Upton to strip nekkid and take some poses with my .223 Raven built M40.

She got kind of trashy and showed a bit more vag and breasts than I expected so it really took away from the view of the rifle.

You guys aren't missing anything.

Comment

• deltawiskey
              deltawiskey commented
              Editing a comment
              Hm... all I can see is your rifle and targets. While they are very nice to look at I was looking forward to the Kate Upton version : )
              DW

Took some pictures before Kate showed up and posted them over at the Hide because It's a family friendly sight.

You might be able to view them here....

https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...5#post-8032159

Lots of good rifle photos in that thread.

Comment

I can't see Kate either. But I don't think Kate's photos show up south of the Mason Dixon line, given her relationship with the whole Old Dominion thing. She has all the luck, going to the range with Paul, then seeing her old man kick the Yankees out of the Series, and the hitting the rack with a guy that makes $28M a year all in the same day; wonder what she enjoyed more, seems like it'd be a toss up!
              jack1911

Comment

• pmclaine
                pmclaine commented
                Editing a comment
                Jealous you cant sleep with a guy that makes $28M/year?

Let me try pictures again.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	m402231.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	45137

Name:	m40223.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	433.3 KB
ID:	45138

Name:	m402232.jpg
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	45139

Name:	m402233.jpg
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	45140

Name:	m402234.jpg
Size:	521.3 KB
ID:	45141

Better?

But wait? Where is Kate? Damn this new update!

Comment

• gwdhky5
                gwdhky5 commented
                Editing a comment
                i can see ! I can see !!! She's a beaut....

Much Better😁

Comment

Whats the specs on the barrel/action/twist/etc?

Comment

Bartlein, Think I got a 1/7.7 or such, Carbon steel barrel to take the parkerizing,

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
                    Bartlein, Think I got a 1/7.7 or such, Carbon steel barrel to take the parkerizing,
                    How much did the barrel cost? I have everything I need to build another M40 (stock, swivels, scope, bottom metal, scope mount) but I don't have the barreled action. I am thinking of getting a 5R like my 308 but its 1/9 and id much rather have a 1/8 or 1/7 because I plan of shooting 68 to 80+gnr rounds thru it and while 1/9 would work 1/8 or 1/7 would just be that much better but I can get a 5R for right around 750.00 +/- and don't want to go much higher than that buying a action and barrel

Comment

• steveu
                      steveu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've shot a 1/7, 1/7.5, 1/7.7 and a 1/8. All of them would stabilize up to a 80gr bullet. I would not get too concerned about the 5R barrel. I think that you should use the chamber reamer that Bill Wylde designed. My .223 target rifle now sports a Bartlein 1/8 that I bought 10 years ago and just had it installed. If I were to get another, I would go with a 1/7.5".

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                  X