Taylor Engineering M40 stock for my .308 build info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Engineering M40 stock for my .308 build info

After all the negative things I read about them I emailed Kyle Taylor last tuesday the 12th about a stock, payment and delivery times etc.
    He responded the next day (the 13th) with all of my questions answered so I thought about it for a bit the I paid for one that same day day.

I was supposed to receive it next monday the 18th but it was delivred today the 16th.

I was BLOWN AWAY by it's appearance ! The quality is incredible and the wood is almost too pretty to have on a useable rifle, more like a show piece in a glass case.

Check it out, it looks even better when it's in front of you.

https://taylorprecisioneng.com/produ...m40-kt2-dot-36

Kyle treated me good, fast responses and shipping, quality work....
    You have a gorgeous stock!!
    DW

Comment

Originally posted by deltawiskey View Post
      Kyle treated me good, fast responses and shipping, quality work....
      You have a gorgeous stock!!
      DW
      Thank you !

I can't wait to get the receiver and barrel back this week.
      I'm like a big kid again, I love my M14s but when it comes to these M40s, I'm hooked !

The wife thinks I'm off my rocker. I think maybe she's right.

Joker

Comment

Too funny! My wife thinks Ive lost my mind because im so excited about an M14 thats on its way : )
        The M40s are a very addictive series of rifles, for some reason every one I see I want!
        can't wait to see your rifle!!
        DW

Comment

Kyle is a good guy.

Glad he is accessible again.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Everything I look out is out of stock. I thought he was done years ago? Did he make another run, or do you have to call to order?

Comment

I guess I just lucked out and when I went on his site a couple of months ago the site showed stocks but all said "out of stock".
              I checked back when my funds were more in line with reality a few weeks later and I called him the next day, discussed delivery times and verified availability. The next day I ordered one and paid online for it. It was immediately marked as "out of stock" and they sent me an e mail confirming it.
              I received a confirmation and a tracking number
              He had ones in the $900 bracket and the $575 range. I snagged the last one for $575 plus shipping.

Give him a call and see what his plans are, believe me, they are worth every penny and then some.

Literally a genuine "drop in ready" stock of the highest quality.

If he has any don't hesitate, they go FAST !

I have 2 from Gunville they advertise as 98% finished.
              Its more like 65% finished at best. I'm waiting on some router bits to complete them, too much to do with chisels, rasps and files.

Joker

Comment

I just checked his site.
                Two left in the $925.00 range
                One left in almost complete condition for $350.00. You just have to inlet the bottom opening for the trigger guard and drop door.

IMO if your handy with wood tools get the $350.00 one. Save some tough.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                X