Collapse

M40 USMC issue trigger vs. Timney etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40 USMC issue trigger vs. Timney etc.

I 'm putting the last finishing touches on my M40 relica in .308. I'm currently using the trigger it came with, non adjustable , a bit on the heavy pull side but she did throw a decent cloverleaf group on her first outing.
    My question is this, What would you seasoned builders /shooters put on it ? The real McCoy or an aftermarket? I'm not going for the full blown replica as it's got a new receiver, new Rem barrel etc. It will never be a "real" one but it sure resembles one and so far shoots great. The trigger is a bit stiff for my taste but as I said I adapted to it OK. I'm kind of leaning towards something like I have on the .223, a nice light 2 lb. or so adjustable pull.
    That trigger spoiled me BIGTIME !

Are the original triggers adjustable and if so in what range ?

All comments and or advice is greatly appreciated !

JOKER ( Is that you John Wayne?)

I read over on the M14 Forum a guy put an old style safety on a new Timney trigger... I thought that was a pretty good idea.
    If I come across an unserviceable trigger, or just the safety I may give that project a try!
    DW

Comment

Put the trigger you like on it.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I'm sure I'll end up with what I want. My question is are the originals adjustable and as mine is going to be used in matches would a new aftermarket work better? After all the originals were sniper worthy and my skill level isn't even close to those guys.

Comment

People that know how to adjust Walker triggers can create some amazing triggers.

People that cant adjust a walker have apparently given the anti gun crowd the ammunition to bankrupt Remington.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
          X