M40a1 Finish /Best Vendor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40a1 Finish /Best Vendor

Looking to have a period correct finish applied to a m40a1 rifle. Any recommendations you may have relating to a reliable vendor would be greatly appreciated. I am sure this question has been asked before but I could not find the answer here in my site search.

I will guarantee you cannot get a more period correct finish than I am going to give you, because I built and finished the very first one ever built at Remington about 54 years ago. I remember it very well because my job was building fancy high grade custom rifles, with shiny RKW or many coats of hand polished oil finishes. When I finished that first M40 prototype I thought, boy that's the ugliest gun I ever built. As far as a vendor, any hardware store will do, if you're looking for a gunsmith to finish it, most any one that does finishing should be able because it was just a matter of applying on 2 or 3 coats with a rag, rubbed with steel wool between each coat.
    Smiley

Comment

• smiley
      smiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about that senior moment, somehow I forgot to mention what that magic finish from the hardware store was. Plain old boiled linseed oil.

Contact raven6 on here, or at Raven Rifles https://ravenrifles.com/
    DW

Comment

Originally posted by mjmd11 View Post
      Looking to have a period correct finish applied to a m40a1 rifle. Any recommendations you may have relating to a reliable vendor would be greatly appreciated. I am sure this question has been asked before but I could not find the answer here in my site search.
      Sorry guys I messed this up royally . First I posted a question relating to a M40a1 on the m40 forum, then i compounded it by not mentioning that I was looking for a period correct finish on the barreled receiver, bolt and bottom metal. Far to many hours at work over the last month

Comment

Parked action and barrel, satin black on bolt knon, flat on bottom met

Comment

Black oxide it

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
          X