Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Precision Engineering M40 stocks website is gone

I'm glad I got one of the last ones.

I see the ebay stockmaker has some real nice products as pmclain posted.

I wonder how close they are to the "drop in" stage like the Taylors were ?

I have been eyeing up those stocks and wondering the same thing... I guess we will have to buy one and see what they are like.
    I'm really impressed with my Taylor stock, its too bad they aren't still available.
    DW

Comment

My EBay stock is at LRI and I wasnt able to get hands on it to tell how "drop in" things were.

The early one I got was close, but not real close, M40 profile.

The inletting was sharp and I would expect had I played with it my action would have worked at least as nice as unbedded Remington factory.

My new stock will be getting LRIs full service bed job. They laser scan the action, fill the present inlet, than recut to excact match the action.

Im guessing most here buying a repro stock are going to do some sort of bed anyway so even if the Ebays are off a little the bedding will account for it.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

taylor's still has a functioning FB page

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X