Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roughhewn
    replied
    Dimensions slimmed down to match my two original M40 stocks.
    Boiled Linseed oil finished, hand rubbed. I have the calluses to prove it.
    MRT Sling.
    Wichita sling swivels
    16601 baked on Duracoat butt plate.
    Literally just drop in a Remington varmint barrel and action, bottom metal and you'll have a accurate M40 clone. Email me for more details at nieuportflyer@hotmail.com
    Last edited by roughhewn; 06-24-2021, 06:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kft101
    commented on 's reply
    Beever156 is the username of the eBay seller that makes the very nice semi-inletted M40 walnut repro stocks.

• oldgunny
    commented on 's reply
    What is a beever156 stock

• roughhewn
    commented on 's reply
    They should be ready in a couple of weeks. Takes a while for Linseed oil to dry.
    They will be "drop in" ready for barreled action and bottom metal.
    Send me an email (nieuportflyer@hotmail.com) for photos and contact info. if interested. NO TIRE KICKERS please.

• pmclaine
    replied
    Remington made the SSA stocks as well as the MaWhinney stocks I assume. If it was a subcontract Id imagine they would be being sold.

There are original stocks out there. Seems there are two types though....ones you will go broke paying for and extremely rare ones that someone finds at a Garage sale they get for peanuts I dont travel in the circles where nor a I lucky enough to experience number 2.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 06-07-2021, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oldgunny
    replied
    I'm still waiting for a response form the Ebay and gunville guys.
    I know this has probably been asked before, but, does anybody know who made the stocks for the SSA M40, or where to find an original take off stock?

Leave a comment:

• pmclaine
    replied
    Originally posted by roughhewn View Post
    Just finishing a couple of beever156's stocks that I'll be putting up for sale. pm me for details.
    Any pictures please?

Any major faults?

LRI fills the current inlet than recuts based on a scan of the specific barreled action, are there exterior flaws I will hate?

Leave a comment:

• roughhewn
    replied
    Just finishing a couple of beever156's stocks that I'll be putting up for sale. pm me for details.

Leave a comment:

• deltawiskey
    replied
    I also purchased a warped Gunville M40 stock a few years ago... 0 customer support, what they send is what you get! I ended up selling it at a huge discount to someone that wanted to see if they could make anything out of it.
    DW

Leave a comment:

• kft101
    replied
    The one experience I had with a Gunville M40 stock wasn’t the best. You don’t know exactly what you’re getting since they don’t show pics of the actual stock on hand, and the one I got was warped front to rear, the extra price for “more character in the grain” is a crapshoot, and the percentage of actual inletting already done is overstated.

The eBay guy’s semi-inletted M40 stocks are great if you don’t mind doing some sanding and fitting work. Plus he posts pics of the actual stock you’ll be buying.

I do have a full stock kit based off one of the eBay guy’s stocks I could part with. Comes as he sold it, correct aluminum Remington butt plate, wood screw rear sling swivel, and Wichita front sling swivel with insert. Message me if you’re interested and I’ll send you some pics. Fair warning though, I’ll be factoring in the NY taxes and shipping I incurred when originally buying the items into the total price.

Leave a comment:

• Ranchhand
    replied
    I did a Gunville m40 stock. Lots of work sanding and fitting but I enjoy a good project.
    I had never attempted anything like that before and I think it turned out great.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

Leave a comment:

• pmclaine
    replied
    Message that dude and see if he will run one for you.

Let us know how eager he is to service the customer.

I posted on this about 1.5 years ago and someone had started talking to him and he said he would make 40 stocks if someone let him borrow a stock to replicate.

I think some one did because his 40 stocks look pretty good....sharp lines, safety bump, fore end looks good.

They may be a little fat in the fore end....for my purpose that is going to be helpful....for others nothing a little sand paper wont fix.

Leave a comment:

• oldgunny
    replied
    Thanks for the information guys, I'll keep checking that Ebay guy. I know a lot of people are looking for the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• pmclaine
    replied
    This seller on Ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/beever156/m...p2047675.l2562

Comes up with a 40 stock every couple weeks it seems.

I have bought some of his wood to include a 40 stock. The one I examined that was not a 40 stock looked very nice. His wood tends to be figured better than straight grain GI.

This is what I am doing with his 40 wood...

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-them.6976379/

Look at the second stock in my build thread to see one of his 40s

Leave a comment:

• fe1
    replied
    The stocks mentioned are clone stocks not original factory stocks.
    I don’t think Taylor’s has any currently and no telling when they will be available.
    The Gunville stocks to the best of my knowledge is 80% unfinished stocks and pretty rough at that you have to fit and finish yourself.
    I have owned both and searching same as you a couple years ago.
    I just had to keep searching until I found one.
    enay sells some decent unfinished stocks at a very reasonable price and you can find finished stocks there as well if you know what you are looking at but pay close attention to detail when buying.
    Good Luck with your search.
    Happ Memorial Day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X