Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Identification possible pof this stock....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Identification possible pof this stock....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	820.5 KB
ID:	50327 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	898.4 KB ID:	50326
    Last edited by pmclaine; 07-18-2021, 10:12 AM.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Views:	106
Size:	807.8 KB
ID:	50318 Click image for larger version

Views:	116
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	50317

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Views:	113
Size:	1,007.5 KB
ID:	50320

Size:	838.5 KB
ID:	50321

Comment

Size:	830.0 KB
ID:	50325 Click image for larger version

Views:	108
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	50323

Views:	102
Size:	1,021.0 KB
ID:	50324

Comment

Backstory on it. It was given to an 8541 by a retiring 2112. Im pretty confident that story is good to go.

Forend doesnt look as sharply angled as a Remington police.

No safety bump though.

Thinking I want to find a six digit or earlier .223 remington Short action and have a Krieger varmint contour spun on it.

No clip slots or anything. Simple Redfield mount and either my Weaver or spare Leupold installed will complete it for the kids to use.

Comment

Interesting stock. Seeing a Pachmayr 'Whiteline' product certainly takes it back awhile in production. Looks to be a Remington hybrid M700/M513-T Rangemaster. Maybe a experimental prototype. Not difficult to produce with access to the right equipment.

Q-1. Does it have the classic brass pin in the web behind the box magazine well?

Q-2. Is this a short action receiver stock? Photo is deceiving. Looks like it might be for a long action receiver.

And, a long action build with this style stock in a .300 H&H with a vintage Unertl 1" Tube 8X Vulture scope on it would be a neat project. (I still swear I saw a overhead photo of a RVN USMC sniper team, nested on a mountain ledge, using a 'experimental' M700 rifle in that caliber and with that style scope in a magazine photo, in a airport bookstore in the mid to late 1980's. Should have bought that magazine.)

That stock has too much potential for a just a .223/5.56MM round...

Comment

Originally posted by BoltTrash View Post
              Interesting stock. Seeing a Pachmayr 'Whiteline' product certainly takes it back awhile in production. Looks to be a Remington hybrid M700/M513-T Rangemaster. Maybe a experimental prototype. Not difficult to produce with access to the right equipment.

Q-1. Does it have the classic brass pin in the web behind the box magazine well?

Q-2. Is this a short action receiver stock? Photo is deceiving. Looks like it might be for a long action receiver.

And, a long action build with this style stock in a .300 H&H with a vintage Unertl 1" Tube 8X Vulture scope on it would be a neat project. (I still swear I saw a overhead photo of a RVN USMC sniper team, nested on a mountain ledge, using a 'experimental' M700 rifle in that caliber and with that style scope in a magazine photo, in a airport bookstore in the mid to late 1980's. Should have bought that magazine.)

That stock has too much potential for a just a .223/5.56MM round...

Good questions...

Got it in the mail, took some quick pictures, didnt investigate stuff much, wrapped it back in bubble wrap and put it in store with my pre war 03 C stock.

Ill check for the brass pin and try some SA bottom metal to confirm action length. Party that sent it to me said SA and that is what I had in my head. He is pretty savvy with stuff if he says SA I wouldnt have checked.

Thanks for the response time.

Comment

No pin....

Views:	13
Size:	1,015.8 KB
ID:	50370

Short action...

Views:	11
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	50371

Cheek piece....

Views:	11
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	50372
                Solid wood. Would have been a good base for the LRI DBM M40 Im having built.....maybe too nice for the butchering I am having done on that Ebay stock.

Comment

The more I look at that hand-filling, steeply angled grip profile and the thick/straight forearm, the more it reminds me of a stock profile favored by silhouette shooters, which was, at the time, the latest evolution in sport shooting. Within a year of the M40 production, Remington put that same barrel profile into commercial production and it was exactly that new barrel profile that the silhouette shooters favored, as well.

Still, add a pin, change-out those hideous swivel buttons and you have the makings of a hypothetical 2112 'experimental' model M700.

Comment

Ill be casually looking for a 6 digit or earlier to build on.

I have some early bottom metal, will get some Wichita swivels for slinging up but will keep the top stud for a Harris.

Undecided for now on caliber, either another .223 or another .308 from Kreiger.

Comment

Working...
                    X