Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40A1 night vision

My google fu is weak on this one.
    Just what was the night vision optic used on the A1?

Simrad AN/PVS-9 KN203

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627424150

Comment

Lots of carrots.
      You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Thanks Mace,
        Sod's law dictated that 1/2 hour after I posted my question I found the answer.

Comment

I'm no SME on the subject.....but their are so many variations of nightvision for a M40A1.....via different Simrad Caps....and different night vision units....kn 200...kn 203's..etc.....currently what's available online forsale is somewhat correct...but not correct.....the units online..... were used by a 3 letter agency and not by the USMC per there current configuration.....it's still a work in progress.....but I have several versions of this particular nightvision platform in question.....kn 200....kn203's....kn 253...for different platforms..finding the correct parts is the bitch pending what platform is being used...currently the Simrad caps that are used or available are somewhat correct per what agency or branch of service used them....like I said....different setup's/variations.......I'm not a expert...I'm only going off info. per the supplier.... WHO provided the units to the industry/USMC.....I'm currently working out of state.....otherwise I would post more cool pics on the subject....the picture shows...a kn 200 on my A1....and 203's on a A5 and my old pss....the 253 with a acog setup is for Seals...the acog/253 is prototype that never made it to the real world for use....the Remington PSS on the top was accurized by Dan Ross years ago....equiped with a old school mark 4 Leuplod/ USMC MILDOT upgraded by PR before they became the scope vendor for USMC.

Comment

They all look very nice I like Acog-253 never seen that before ,with all the version of the Simrads from kn-200 to the kn-253 what is the biggest difference between all the versions and which one is your favorite thank thou geoff3

Comment

Originally posted by geoff3 View Post
              They all look very nice I like Acog-253 never seen that before ,with all the version of the Simrads from kn-200 to the kn-253 what is the biggest difference between all the versions and which one is your favorite thank thou geoff3

Geoff3....sorry for the late response.....working up in Wisconsin Land of Cheese and Beer...and Brats...EMPHASIS on the Beer...Spotted Cow...good stuff..only available in Badger Country..lol...long weekend­čś»...but to answer your question....I haven't used them yet....yes I know....LOSER STATUS....but the 203's and 253 are Extremly clear and would be a Hoot to use..especially the 253...smaller and lighter....as for the 200....it's like looking through Mud...a green HAZE...did I mention It uses 2 "C" batteries too!...Technology for NV has come a long way and I can't even image how the quality of a Pvs-27 compares to my antiques...

Comment

Hey Bill. Did you ever get around to digging out more pictures?

Comment

Sorry no I haven't. My new job jas kept me extremely busy...hopefully I'll get some down time in the near future....

Comment

Hopefully keeping your bank account overfunded as well...

Comment

Hey Jim that seller just listed 26 more units and 4 of the smaller and harder to find kn253's. From what I have read they don't pick up as much light though because the lens is so much smaller.

Comment

Damn. I hate looking for stuff... because I find it.

Going to look now.

Thanks Mace!

Comment

Working...
                        X