M40A1 parts almost ready for a build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40A1 parts almost ready for a build.

Here is a collection of my M40A1 parts. As you can see I am still waiting on a barrel from Hart but the rest is there. The stock is a return smear with original Super Grade Btm metal (non numbers matching), Action is a six digit, 1985 sling, Weaver T10 and period correct base. I will be in contact with Raven for the build. His work seems spot on in the clone department. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170828_145421.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	29402Click image for larger version

Name:	20170828_145353.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	29403Click image for larger version

Name:	20170828_145448.jpg
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	29405Click image for larger version

Name:	20170828_145032.jpg
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	29406
    Attached Files

Nice patina on that smear stock. Looks like a neat build of an early M40A1 with the T10 scope and upcoming Hart barrel. Good luck with the build.

PS: Attached is one of the M40A1s at Quantico still in the M40A1 configuration, for obvious reasons I have nicknamed this rifle "Super Grade". (its a little blurry re the bottom metal).

Comment

Awesome set of parts, please keep us posted on your build
      You will be very happy with Ravens work!
      DW

Comment

Looking good!

I need to do a mock-up too... Do you have your magazine box and follower too? Otherwise I think you are set!

And where did you get the sling? I need a 89-99 time frame dated one. I have an NOS one from 2011 but I wanted to keep that rapped as part of my "deployment kit". I may get a non-dated reproduction just to have a sling on it...

Comment

SLICK..... Going to be a SWEET rifle!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. Jim, I have had the Sling for quite some time. I picked it up at Camp Perry. I also have the mag box and follower. Once I have the barrel in hand I will be up with Raven and hopefully be able to drive the parts to him.

Comment

Awesome!

Great that you are close to Raven too... I have to ship my stuff to him, but at least I have a decent case now.

Comment

Barrel has arrived! Click image for larger version

Name:	20170912_145254.jpg
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	29746

Comment

• pmclaine
                  pmclaine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Say Hi to Mark.

Nice! The barrel looks familiar...

Comment

I received a "your number is up text" from Mark/Raven Rifles! So now it will all start coming together.

Comment

Thats great.

Think he takes vacation from Dec 24 to March 1.

Thats awesome you are next..

Just kidding
                    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I bet that that is a nice text to receive... Looks like the parts will make an awesome build.

The good new to me, on a selfish note... when yours is done mine moves a step forward in line.

Comment

Recent proof of life pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One more. Thanks Raven for keeping me up to date on the build.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Raven=👍👍😁😁

Comment

Working...
                            X