Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertisement

Collapse

Interested in Bipod Stud for M40A1/Wichita's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in Bipod Stud for M40A1/Wichita's?

Hello to all. Mods said to list this in M40A1 forums. I have gotten several requests to make some more of the studs for use of a Harris type bipod with Wichita type swivels. Currently no pics but several here have purchased them from me on other runs I have done. they will look just like an Uncle Mike's on top half but with shoulder and thread pitch compatible with Wichita sling loops. Wanted to do this earlier but health issues and then another 9 day hospital stay mid Nov. and light stroke now on right side trying to fix an issue with a saliva gland on right has delayed it. So slowly working on them and hoping for a batch to be completed and ready to ship after the 1st. Not wanting to take a chance on losing any in transit during holidays as they take at least 45 minutes each to make. I don't have a mill so use a lathe and milling attachment to do them. Time consuming and lose a few to jig setup and errors in the process. I know Blcouch sent me a message through old SH forums but sadly with my short term memory issues from previous stroke I cannot recall others. Only going to be 25ish or so on this run and that will definitely be the last batch. First one will be $32 that includes shipping in a small flat rate box and $25 for each additional. Won't ship them any other way as I don't want them lost from torn envelope etc. Also apologize for price but I have some tooling cost and a lot of time in each of these. Just an FYI for now but anyone interested please let me know. Some here can vouch for my work from the past. Thank You to this forum for letting me post this and Merry Christmas to all.

Respectfully,
    Dennis Martin
    PS-Forgive me for spelling errors etc, my melon don't process some things I write/spell or read sometimes immediately.
    Last edited by SDWhirlwind; 12-17-2017, 07:30 AM.

I'd like to purchase 2.

Comment

2 here as well please

Comment

I'll take 2 please. Andy

Comment

I woul like 2 please!
          Thank you,
          DW

Comment

I'll take one! Thanks!

Comment

I’ll take one please!!!!

Comment

Already have one and they work fantastic. Would like 1 more please!

Regards,
                DT

Comment

Dennis, I will take a few pictures tonight, still have the couple I got from you years ago.

Comment

• deltawiskey
                    deltawiskey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of these, thanks for offering to post some
                    DW

Comment

2 please!!!!!!!

Comment

Checking for any updates and to keep this fresh-ish.

Comment

Blcouch....Have the diameters turned, threaded, holes drilled and 14 left of 36 to machine the flats on the sides where hole goes through and bipod attaches. Need to finish them 14 hopefully most today and then change jigs to machine the dome on top and cut them off from stock as I machine them between centers to be more accurate and consistent. So probably another week unless I try and finish up those spoken for. Kinda easier to go through all of them with each step vs. switching back and forth between lathes. Having so darn much trouble with my back and bending over a lathe for very long. My auto-immune disease has fused the 5 bottom vertebrae in my spine, created dozen of spurs and ligaments and tendons are losing elasticity and calcifying, that along with my heart/stroke issues. The excess bone growth causes all the nerves in that area to become inflamed and severe pain. 10mg of hydrocodone 2-3 times a day barely keep it somewhat tolerable. Has been pretty enlightening as to what I CANNOT do anymore. More work and time then I remembered but 5-6yrs or so have changed by abilities a lot since last batch.

Would appreciate it if all interested would email me with how many they want and their email addy, their posting name and/or phone number. My pc is 6+ yrs old and afraid it will crash one of these days and no money to justify replacement and no way to contact anyone. Below is my addy and phone number so you all have my contact info just in case. Thanks to everyone and sorry the time it is taking. Hopefully have those spoken for done in next 7-10 days. Sorry for any spelling errors etc. Darn stroke and memory I sometimes reread something I write 3-4 times before I catch my grammar, punctuation etc, so not completely illiterate. lol

EDIT TO ADD...A BIG THANK YOU to mjh30 for taking the time to dig his out and post pics. Am pc stupid and now with photobucket changing their policies I haven't taken the time to find a way to post pics now. My camera/software is at 12yrs old so probably a chance I can't even use it. Have had issues with it and figuring out where/why it downloads pics the way it does onto my pc. Sucks to be technology stupid and haven't enough interest in it at my age to learn.

Edit Again.....Never thought of it before but if you have a wood M40 stock with machine thread Wichita loop in forend you could possibly use one of these if you wanted to mount a bipod? Length of threaded shank may need to be a bit longer and also the 'shoulder' of this or Wichita should/would have to make contact with metal. Otherwise it may well crush the wood around the hole?

Respectfully,
                        Dennis Martin
                        607 4th Ave West
                        Lemmon, SD 57638
                        605-374-5986
                        dmmartin at sdplains dot com
                        Last edited by SDWhirlwind; 01-15-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Email sent. No hurry on my end. Just keeping things fresh, mostly in my mind 😄

Comment

Well, FINALLY, just need to cold blue them! This afternoon I should have them ready to ship. Had a vein? rupture behind left knee Sun the 14th, don't know if it was all the standing on concrete or what? Anyway with being on warfarin blood seeped clear to arch of my foot. 3 Dr visits checking INR and such. What a miserable painfull sucker, walking and standing hurt like hello, and only real relief was laying down and the downside to that was the excruciating pain when I stood and everything went down. So hope you guys haven't changed your minds cause I have at least 1hr each into these for labor. Will definitely be my last batch as with health I am considering selling lathes etc. Address etc is all below again. Please email me and in case I don't respond to them is my old pc decided to retire so write down my phone number just incase. Thanks everyone and especially to this forum for allowing me to sell them here.

Price is $32.00 for first one shipped Priority in the small flat rate box. That way there is insurance and a tracking number. $25 for each additional stud. So $57.00 for 2.

Respectfully,
                            Dennis Martin
                            607 4th Ave West
                            Lemmon, SD 57638
                            605*374*5986
                            dmmartin at sdplains dot com
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SDWhirlwind; 01-24-2018, 06:17 PM. Reason: Correct spelling, strokes sure mess things up! :(

Comment

Working...
                            X