New Smear Stocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Smear Stocks

Nothing like the originals but a different option for a new build. Click image for larger version

Name:	24313119_1381518395287975_8786307682374349022_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,018.4 KB
ID:	32676

What’s the story on those? Painted? I like them, they look more vintage.
    Last edited by Random Guy; 12-18-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Those are some good looking stocks, I especially like the bottom one!
      Is that an option McMillan is offering?
      DW

Comment

Im guessing over time with some use they will adopt a shine and the colors may start to pop a little better.

Nice effort, lets see how it works out.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

The picture came across my facebook feed. It was posted by Buck at C&H Precision. To cool not to share despite some controversy with them.

Comment

Coolness!!!

Comment

Not bad. I would consider getting one since I've had all my parts just sitting on a shelf for over a year due to not finding a original stock. Did they say if they were going to have this as something you can buy?

Comment

Humm I am not a fan...

Comment

Dammit! I just bought the factory repro m40a1 stock and would have loved to have this finish.

Comment

• SemperFi
                    SemperFi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Something tells me this is just a surface coat that can wear off. Maybe a gel coat. That would be better as long as it sticks. You are getting the real thing straight from the factory. Maybe you can have yours painted up like that if that's what you'd prefer.

What makes you think those are new production? The MC sticker on the bottom of the pistol grip area?

Comment

No good if it’s paint but if it is protected by resin than I like it!

the best look I think is a krylon job with the original smear peeking through in key wear from use areas.

Comment

Originally posted by echo25mar View Post
                      The picture came across my facebook feed. It was posted by Buck at C&H Precision. To cool not to share despite some controversy with them.
                      How long are you going to leave us hanging? LOL! What is the controversy?
                      You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

• echo25mar
                        echo25mar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        These are new repainted stocks.

• SemperFi
                        SemperFi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They certainly look the part and will fill the need for many if they are made available. I'm sure the color rendering is better than what the photo shows. Do you know who painted them?

• echo25mar
                        echo25mar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do not. You could email or call buck at C&H precision. He would the one to talk to about them.

So, I was chatting with some acquaintances in the precision rifle and stock industry and I must say, we get a hoot out of people paying stupid amounts of money for DRMO M40A1 stocks justifying it by claiming they have a “history”.

Well, if by history you mean being drug around stalk lanes and such... sure. But if it comes to “operational history” it’s a safe bet to say that maybe only 10 M40A1s ever fired a round in combat and that’s pushing it.

Personally, knowing how we abused those rifles, I wouldn’t pay more than 2 cents on “then year dollars” for any “take off” lol

Comment

• SemperFi
                        SemperFi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        10 at the most? This would be interesting to research for those with resources.

• echo25mar
                        echo25mar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know atleast 5 2/5 sta platoon Marines who used a m40a1 in 2003-2004 start of Iraq war and then in Ramadi 2004-2005. Granted there was some A3s in the mix at that point with the day night scope. So the number has to be way higher then 10.

• SemperFi
                        SemperFi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Somewhere amongst Beirut, Grenada, Somalia, The Gulf War, and maybe Bosnia and Kosovo, I would hope so!

Dude if stocks are valuable because of their having "been there" could you imagine what you hair trimmings, DNA, bodily fluids, and boogers would be worth?

Let me be your agent.

How about a line of designer sperm? You can either self inject or sell it by the turkey baster.

As your agent I expressly refuse to have anything to do with collection.

Kind of ghey but I expect more Dudes would buy it than chicks to get closer to that "operator" fantasy
                      Last edited by pmclaine; 12-23-2017, 06:57 PM.
                      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I’ve never understood the allure.

Comment

Working...
                        X