Raven Rifles closing need a great builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Rifles closing need a great builder

Hello forum, so I just finished acquiring parts for an accurate M40A1 build to send to Mark, and low and behold, I see his post on Facebook that he is closing up shop. I wish him all the best in the future, but now I am scrambling to find a builder that can fill his shoes. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tagging in to follow.........in my case its a .223 M40 based on a 5 digit receiver.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I think everyone can agree NOT C&H Precision Weapons after all the bad experience stories we have had come through here...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on C&H. Are there any current 2112’s doing builds on the side? thanks!

Comment

You could try GAP, I'm not sure if they can do black oxide though...
          DW

Comment

I think I recall the name Bill Corley being mentioned. Maybe some contact info from someone that has used him and a critique of his receiver mods.

My new build is a 40. Ill need parkerizing and bluing.

Too bad Smiley and his son, the original builders, arent set up to build more.
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Hogsden is the only way to go..... also known as TwoManAttack on here but easier to get a hold of on Snipers Hide

Comment

Bill Corley does first class work. Believe me I am extremely picky as to the details I expect from him and he has never let me down.
                He does excellent parkerizing, clip slotting, bedding, and other general gunsmithing. (Game Warden is a frequent consult with Bill as well.
                I value my reputation and do not give out personal recommendations lightly.
                I'm very happy to recommend mr. Corley and if you want to see an example of his work I've got an M40 that he help me with for sale.
                PM tor more info.

Comment

• deltawiskey
                  deltawiskey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good to know!

• TimP8541
                  TimP8541 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have any contact info for Bill Corley? I was about to have Raven start on my M40A1 build, so now I'm shopping for a new guy. Thanks!

Bill Corley did the clip-slotting and parkerizing on our M40 clone action. https://www.m40rifle.com/forum/m40/4...e-build-thread
                "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

Um... This is the first I'm hearing this.

What about current projects? I need to reach out to him but thought someone here might know something.

Very disappointing either way.

Comment

• pmclaine
                    pmclaine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anything he has in shop will be finished. You are safe and will be happy.

Originally posted by macethetemplar View Post
                  I think everyone can agree NOT C&H Precision Weapons after all the bad experience stories we have had come through here...
                  Late to the party. C&H built me an M40A1 last year, I like it and it shoots pretty well.
                  Should I be worried?

Comment

• TimP8541
                    TimP8541 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If he delivered your gun, and you're happy with it, what's to be worried about? I think the criticism of C&H is primarily because he no longer employes an actual 2112 in the shop. I'm not aware of any substandard work, but maybe someone else is? I spoke to Buck at SHOT Show, and he says he does have a 2112 that he sends certain items out to so they have the authentic armorers touch. As for an existing gun, my criteria would be "am I happy with it or not?"
                Working...
                X