This might be interesting to some...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

In the picture above you can see clearly that the U.S. was done by hand stamps and is not an original usmc roll marked receiver. Hopefully this helps clear things up for people planning to bid who think it’s a real deal action, also in the auction description is says that it’s epoxied to the stock.. in the picture I posted I can’t see any exess of Marine Tex/glass bedding that you would normally see on a glass job so im wondering if the thing is really epoxied in there.... from my experience I had a Remington 700 I bought on gunbroker that had been epoxied into a M40A1 stock.. the bareled action ended up coming out with huge chunks of the stock when it was finally broken free... also there’s no real way to tell if it truly was a RTE built rifle since the gunbook has no serial in it and the correct RTE-P stamp is missing from the barrel... just food for thought..

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know if the USMC Unertl scoped M1903 (M1941 Sniper) came from the same estate but the hand guard cut looks different than other legit rifles I have seen.

This will be what happens when my kids sell my stuff "Took it home from the Marines......used it while on Embassy duty.......Raven Rifles logo on barrel means its true"

Here is a correct real M40 U.S. stamp for quick reference.

Comment

Sold for 8K plus the 20% auction fee, works out to $9,600.00 by my math...hope someone here bought it!
        DW

Comment

Win M70 in 30-06 - $525
          BAR M1918A2 Classroom Cutout - $3,300
          WWI Springfield w/Pedersen - $19,000
          Springfield M1A w/govt 6-20x56mm - $2,600
          1941 Win M70 30-06 Sniper - $1,000
          WWI Springfield 1903 Sniper with W/S - $2,200
          WWI Springfield M1903A1 w/Win A5 - $8,000
          1903A4 - $2,200
          USMC 1903A1 w/USMC Unertl - $7,400
          M40A3 PWS Build - $7,800
          M40A1 Carlos Hathcock - $8000
          M73B1 w/original box - $950
          M82 Sniper Scope - $650
          Unertl 10x (50cal) - $1,800
          Unertle 10X no USO - $2,600
          Lyman Super Targetspot 10x - $330

Comment

• deltawiskey
            deltawiskey commented
            Editing a comment
            Some high prices when you tack on the 20% auction fee, not to mention the shipping charges... I would have liked to get my hands on the M40A3 but $7800.00 plus 20% = $9360.00!!

• Defender3
            Defender3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, they use a 3rd party shipper so who knows how much that might add.

That M40A3 was a very,very early build. You could have sold the USO scope off it and that would have paid for the buyers premium.

Comment

Pederson devices usually sell above $20K alone.

Some good deals made there.

Man I wish I had of heard of that auction.....
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• Defender3
              Defender3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe next time someone will post a link.

I was surprised the '03 with the W/S went so low, I thought it would be in the $4k range.
          Working...
          X