New member and a new rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and a new rifle

Figured I lurked here long enough that I should at least post my rifle. It's not an exact clone but I enjoy it.

Last edited by ArmedGinger; 11-21-2018, 10:19 AM.

I'm new here too, but let me say Welcome Aboard! Nice screen name too, ArmedGinger.

So, tell us about the build and how she shoots.

I think I have that TM, I should upload it to Dropbox and share it here.

I'm still looking for the weapons record books though, the eBay ones are a bit too spendy.

ETA - Don't have that TM to post.
    Last edited by Defender3; 11-21-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender3 View Post
      I'm new here too, but let me say Welcome Aboard! Nice screen name too, ArmedGinger.

So, tell us about the build and how she shoots.
      Remington 700 Receiver - clip slotted
      Obermeyer 308 Winchester chamber
      PTG fitted bolt
      Tombstone safety
      1-12” McLennan barrel
      Tubb recoil lug
      Unertl/USMC one piece lugged scope mount with MEU Simrad mount (Not originals)
      Williams one piece M70 steel floor plate
      McMillan HTG stock bedded with aluminum contoured pillars and Devcon steel epoxy
      US Optics MST-100 USMC Sniper Scope

When I was first sighting the rifle in at 100 yards, 5 shots

And then moved it out to 200 yards the next day. This grouping though took me a couple tries I will admit. This is 6 shots.

Comment

Oh yeah, that's some nice shooting!

Comment

Welcome Aboard. That is a nice shooting stick!

Comment

Prince Harry?

Does Meghan know you have guns, thought she was against that stuff, have to sneak off to other parts of the Commonwealth to have your fun huh?

Being a Prince isnt all its made out to be once you get a Princess to ruin it.

Nice rifle.
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Welcome
              That is a very nice rifle Sir.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!
                that's a great looking rifle
                DW

Comment

That's tight groups for a break in!

Welcome aboard

Comment

Beautiful Rifle my friend, I’m currently in a build process as well.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words about the rifle. It is a delight to shoot.

So I've got a copy of the TM 05539B-23 and the Weapon Record. Still waiting for my copy of FMFRP 0-11A to arrive.

Comment

• Defender3
                        Defender3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I posted a digital copy of the TM you can download through Dropbox while you wait for your copy. I have a 1961 version of TM 00539-13/1 coming in a week that I hope to scan and put in Dropbox. I'm still looking for Weapons Record Books though.

Welcome, and great rifle indeed.

That’s a very unique stock. Is it one of McMillan’s earlier ones?

Comment

Originally posted by kft101 View Post
                        Welcome, and great rifle indeed.

That’s a very unique stock. Is it one of McMillan’s earlier ones?
                        I believe so.

Comment

Well with my truck deciding to die and being home from work a serious case of the flu I couldn't take my rifle out, again! So instead I laid in bed and started playing around with photoshop and somehow figured out how to do this with photos. I think it looks kind of snazy

If anyone has a picture they want me to do the same to just let me know. The larger the picture the better it will turn out.

Comment

• pmclaine
                            pmclaine commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looks good, kind of CGI like, Makes the rifle colors pop.

Nice!

The Quantico ranges will be closed through the New Year, so I have some time to catch up. We also had the first snow of the season, about 4 inches.

Comment

Working...
                          X