Half a Range Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half a Range Report

The weatherman said it would be 67 degrees today; missed it by a bit though, 41 degrees and foggy to start, but I do think it got into the 50's after I left the range. It was a 800/1000yrd day, but I still took the M40A1 to the range to try and get some rounds out so I could break-in the new barrel (new rifle, not yet fired).

Some Marine facilities are still a bit austere:

While others have been replaced.

Today was an 800 and 1000yrd day on Range 4. I was only there to confirm parallax and break in the Schneider barrel.

Vehicles parked in the pits while people place steel or KDs. The target line is to the left and the berm is 35 yards to the right.

Not much needed today: a mat, a rifle, some ammo and cleaning stuff. Baby food jars hold pre-soaked patches well.

Amazing what you find on the range - hunkering big Allen wrench - wonder what it goes to?

It started nice, but when the weather is cold and misty, and then warms, the fog rolls in for a bit.

M40A1 clone with some 1980's Hansen burner ammo I found in the back of the ammo fort, a box of M118 match and cleaning stuff. Fire a round, run a patch with shooters choice, then a dry patch. Rinse and repeat 10 times, then go to a couple of 3-shot strings and clean, and complete with a 5-shot string and clean. Next up is to try the 900 inch (25 yards) sighting method or come out to the range the next time we do a 300yrd day. Like I said, this was a half a range report.

I actually do shoot long-range, but usually with a .260 bolt or gasser. I've just been busy with life and travel these last two months;hopefully I can get out more this month. Pics from 1000 at R4 with 2/3rds IPSC.

Comment

Nice pictures! It's currently -6 here (21 degrees for you Americans) so I'm waiting for it to warm up before I try going out again

Comment

Looks like a productive day. And nice A1!

Comment

The small white building looks more inviting for that vocation.

I bet its go floors that sqeak and creak when boots cross them and it probably smells of good coffee and burnt powder.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
          X