My M40A1 308 birth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M40A1 308 birth.

Hello shooting friends, finaly one day dry weather. My M40A1 clone has gone from 6.5x47 , to 308. Here is my first rounds throu it, 3x3rnds . The H58 reticel is not made for paper target, but sure is she sweet to shoot!
    First 3rnd  168gr 3rnd I know whats on my bucket list :)

Very nicely done and a nice looking rifle!

I don't care what anyone says, when someone says "sniper rifle" the M40A1 is the first image that pops into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmedGinger View Post

I don't care what anyone says, when someone says "sniper rifle" the M40A1 is the first image that pops into my head.
      Same here. Each time I see a sniper magazine on the rack, I get excited and think maybe there might be an M40A1 article in it. Not any more. Maybe in ten years or so articles on the M40A1 will come back out, about that "vintage sniper rifle classic". But, by then, I expect the articles to be full of errors, more so than those from the past. Sigh...
      You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Great groups, by the way!
        You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Very nice rifle.

Does my eye deceive me? Did you go with a slightly under 25"/26" barrel?

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• APINorway
            APINorway commented
            Editing a comment
            23.5" from recoil lugg when I do look now/

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            A much more user friendly length.

When I built my M40A1ish I went with DD Ross bottom metal and a 23 inch barrel.

Love the rifle.

Confirmed ammo to 700m. Cold and windy, but love the klang from the steel hit

Comment

Man,,,,,love your range pictures. Good training. I hate shooting in the cold but I know its part of it.
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
            X