Debating on painting my rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating on painting my rifle

Now I hardly have an exact clone so I've been debating on painting my rifle up as a sort of Gulf War M40A1. Give it a sort of "used" look. What are your thoughts.

Something similar to the one seen in Jarhead:

Paint it...............
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• ArmedGinger
      ArmedGinger commented
      Editing a comment
      something wrong with painting it?

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      No. It is meant to be painted.

Somewhere in here I did a big photo spread of my odyssey of vandalizing a $7K rifle.

Take a look at your area and paint your rifle to match.

Take pics and show us your techniques.

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinking up north you may be able to get away with a winter camouflage rifle. we dont see many of those. Everyone is going with some sort of desert because thats whats cool right now.

I went with a temperate forest scheme. Supposed to work well in anything from Marsh to Evergreen.

nooooo paint. I love the unique "paint" these smears already come with. If you didn't have a smear Id say paint it.

ha

GL
    DT

Comment

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats a good point I can appreciate.

Kind of like painting over Mona Lisa.
Working...
X