Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here - 40A1 on GB

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/831192038

Seems like this wasn't a horrible deal with a USMC issued stock and a Dave Clark build, for $3,700:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/831192038
    jack1911

Comment

If Dave built it himself... I would say that it was a decent deal for someone that has been wanting a return stock.

I hope that its new owner pops by to show us how this one ends up. It would look nice with a battleworn CMP Unertl on top.

Comment

Stock was the most appealing part of the whole package.

Comment

I am the new owner and it should ship to me next week due to travel schedules. There is an incredible Unertl 10X from the CMP that will be going on it. Hopefully, we can get it dialed in and printing the same groups!

Comment

• deltawiskey
            deltawiskey commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations on the rifle! Dave built some really good shooters...looking forward to seeing some more posts!!
            DW

Originally posted by FerranteLJ1 View Post
          I am the new owner and it should ship to me next week due to travel schedules. There is an incredible Unertl 10X from the CMP that will be going on it. Hopefully, we can get it dialed in and printing the same groups!
          Congratulations

Comment

Yes, congrats!; the stock is very appealing as Blackgold said. It's nice the camo paint was left on it, I would not takae that off as its historic and I think it adds quite a but of value to the stock. But I am a Krylon fan. I am supposing it's a later A1 stock (rarer than an original order smears) which the Marines bought from McMillan in maybe the 1980s?? or 1990s??? (I don't know precisely when, I will ask McMillan's next time I am up there), and it seems like a very good price. I have a Dave Clark built A1 and I like it a lot. I understand he retired in about 2016? and doesn't build any more.
            jack1911

Comment

Originally posted by Piteously Uninformed View Post
              It's nice the camo paint was left on it, I would not takae that off as its historic and I think it adds quite a but of value to the stock. But I am a Krylon fan.

100% agree, that the paint is super cool ... I would leave is "as is" as well.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X