Another Smear - I Hope!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Smear - I Hope!!!

Brothers: I picked this up today on a very quick trade hoping I did not let testosterone get the best of me.

I am kindly asking for advice as to authenticity and what to do with the missing but pad and Wichita Swivels should this be legitimate.

Trying to figure out how to post pics of this!!!

McM4.pdfHere are the pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello nice smear M40A1 stock .geoff3

Comment

yup she a beaut. good find

DT

Comment

That's a good looking smear, I love the lime green colors that are in it, definitely beautiful don't see very many that look like that, also has a interesting orange barrel channel fill, most of the time you see that color with the original woodlands, definitely one hell of a snag and congrats! You can send it to McMillan and they can install a new butt pad, the Wichita sling swivels might be tough to find, I am not sure if there is a way to source the swivels, I know those are pretty tough to come by.

-KW

Comment

Wichitas are easy I ordered a set direct from them a week or two ago. Think price was $75.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	828.0 KB
ID:	46123

Mcmillan stocks them also.
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Sweet good info, thanks for sharing, for some reason I was thinking they were tough to find like the original M40 swivels, I got lucky and the smear I picked up had both of them.

-KW

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X