My M40a1 Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M40a1 Tribute

Howdy, joined here a year or so ago. Haven't been very active here but figured I'd post up some progress and pics. Rifle started as a basic 700 SPS, and I found an MST100. Planned to put it in a McMillan stock and call it a day. When the stock arrived I talked to the importer and decided to try something more visually correct. This is what they put together for me. Its a Rock Creek barrel, stock with grip added, SPS bottom metal. Obviously not clone-correct, but a decent shooting rifle.

I don't know how to do thumbnails, apologies for the large pics.....

My daughter shooting it for the first time:

Her 110 yd target, first 10 shot group:

Last edited by deadman; 11-18-2020, 08:45 AM.

Noyce! Where are you located, that you need an importer?

Comment

Originally posted by kft101 View Post
      Noyce! Where are you located, that you need an importer?
      Snow on the ground...cold weather gear...my money is on Saskatchewan (and I looked at his profile page

Comment

Yup. Sask. I got the rifle completed a little over a year ago, been putting rounds through it as much as time permits. Most of my shooting has been under 300 yds but slowly working my way out. Not a lot of experience shooting any great distance, but learning more every time out. Really learning just how much effect the wind has out past 3-400 yds. Recently set up some steel plates at various ranges The furthest I've taken it out was around 560, but not getting any kind of record-breaking accuracy. I have an 18" square plate at that range and for now if I get hits I call it a good day. Practice practice. I've only shot at this setup once, the other place I shoot has plates set out at various distances up to 500 yds.

This was the result one day for me. I'm not going to blame the wind, but it was windy.......

8" plate @ 270 yds:

18" @ 560:

Crappy phone pic of my targets. They were both set on the same berm, I just moved shooting positions.

Comment

nice. hardest thing for me was eye relief. I built up the cheek rest and it helped a ton.

good lookin rifle

DT

Comment

Rifle turned out real nice.

Nomad peeking out?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Rifle turned out real nice.

Nomad peeking out?
              Not sure what that means....but yeah I like the rifle.

Comment

Sorry, in the 1st picture it looks like a red 57 Chevy behind the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  Sorry, in the 1st picture it looks like a red 57 Chevy behind the rifle.
                  I'm guessing she's a 1955 2 door bowtie drag car?
                  jack1911

Comment

Ahh, I didn't make the connection with the car in the pic. Brain wasn't on when I saw your comment.. Unfortunately not a Nomad, its a 55 210, 2 door post. Beater/driver.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                    X