M40a1 BDL metal magazine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40a1 BDL metal magazine question

Does anyone have a picture of the correct BDL metal magazine that the m40a1 uses? I do not think I have the correct one.

The M40A1 used custom modified Winchester Model 70 steel bottom metal (two piece hinged floor plate and trigger guard).

The original M40 with the walnut stocks used factory Remington BDL bottom metal.

Comment

Yes they did. But I am talking about the metal part that attaches to the action that sits inside of the stock.

Comment

Isn't it a standard bdl box thats tig welded

Comment

It's a standard BDL blued box mag, short action standard caliber, not the ADL with the screw tab.

Comment

Does anyone know where to get one from? Every where I look they are out

Comment

Gunbroker or ebay. About any normal source is out.

Comment

Post a "want to buy" at snipers hide you will likely find one.
                "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I posted a want to buy add over there. Hopefully I can get one. It’s one of the last parts I need

Comment

Let me dig thru my parts I think I have one.

Comment

I appreciate it. I had a guy hook me up on snipers hide. It’s going off this weekend to start the build on

Comment

Working...
                      X