Collapse

Starting a M40A3 build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t get me started on the deputy who fled while children were being shot.

That dude needs to disappear and pray none of us parents get a hold of him.

Fucking disgusting.

Comment

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont think the whole story about what happened there has been told yet but I will say its my personal opinion that the current doctrine by which the school personal act on is nothing but creating innocent fish in a barrel.

• macethetemplar
      macethetemplar commented
      Editing a comment
      Down here in FL we call him the Coward of Broward - (Broward is the county)

• J!m
      J!m commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to keep off the rails here but I heard his radio chat asking for a perimeter... Totally wrong (and I'm no tactician). Get your ass in there and do something. If you save JUST ONE life, it's worth it.

Rifle is due to be finished next friday.

I'll drive over to the gunsmith to get it, hopefully get to shoot a few rounds in the evening and Saturday I have the first event with the rifle.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,

may I present....

I love it! Tomorrow we'll go to range for the first time

Also a big thanks to everyone here in the forum, who helped me out with all my questions! This is a great knowledge base, I learned a lot during this past year and hope to continue to do so.

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet.

Pics of 100 yard groups and favorite reload recipe, please.

• SemperFi
        SemperFi commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like it came together nicely. Congrats!

• Phil
        Phil commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys!
        100m group comes on Saturday, reload recipe will need to wait for another month or so... Need to get my reloaders course and license, nothing goes on here if you don't have a license...

Perfect range day today, sunny, few clouds, I now have a sunburn

Remington Premier match 168gr on the left side, Hornady Match 168gr on the right, five shots each, setup as on the picture (bipod and bag).
      Remington at 18mm all around, Hornady at 23mm. That would make the Remington a 0.38 MOA and the Hornady a 0.52 MOA group.
      Reloading course comes next month, we'll also go on the 300m some time next month.

Love it!

Comment

• kft101
        kft101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great groups!

What's that black-wood-fenced structure in the background?

• Phil
        Phil commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, there are these three reinforced concrete barriers ("No blue sky rule") and then in the back is a reinfoced concrete bunker with a sand backdrop for the bullets. The wood is just there for fragmentation protection.
        Shooting ranges over here are heavily regulated as to how they must be built, this once was a german army shooting range.

• SemperFi
        SemperFi commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! And, it's not even broken in yet.

Few impressions, testing a new lens (Canon 50mm f/1.8 with my Eos 700)

Comment

After a few range visits, I love this rifle more and more.
        First attached image is from last weekend, 100m 5 Shots at .25 MOA center to center with Hornady Match 168gr.

Second image is from today, at the only 500m Range here in Germany. 5 Shots 500m at 89mm, equals .6 MOA (with Remington Premier Match 168gr)
        Interestingly shooting from bipod and sandbag gave me much better results than shooting from a rifle rest...

Comment

Barrel speeding up and coming into its comfort zone.

Careful you only have like 8000 shots left before it opens up to about .75 MOA for another few thousand rounds before eventually needing a rebarrel when it shoots like shit at barely sub MOA.

Dont let them tell you .308 sucks.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

First load development finished.
            Starting out with a "basic" recipe, vihtavuori N140 and SMK 168gr.

Now I just need to find time to actually go shoot...

Comment

So that first load development didn't go too bad, second one was even better, I pulled the one high. (The black dots are 3/4", this was 5 shots at 100m).

Also, I finally managed to go for a "real" outdoor-range. The US Army MWR here in Grafenwoehr had an open range day with up to 1000m.
              500 and 600 were easy enough, the 800m plate had very changing winds, even from shot to shot. Thanks to some stranger starting to spot my impacts I was able to hit it consistently.
              The 1000m plate was a bit too much for me, due to mirage we couldn't spot anything.

Comment

Nice shoot'n Phil, it looks like it is a sweet shooter and 1000m will not be an issue in less wind.

Comment

Can't ask for much better than that! That's a phenomenal group! Those 168s are sweet shooters. Even though you may find that 175SMKs don't group as well at 100 yards/meters as the 168s do, you'll find they surpass the 168s performance in the 800-1000 ranges, especially with any wind. Keep up the good work.
                  You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Working...
                  X