Unertl x10 - Just bought one!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unertl x10 - Just bought one!

Hello all, new here. Ive recently acquired this scope. What do you think? And whats the market like on these bad boys. Im still in my buyers high! As a huge m40a3 fan I cant believe I got one.

Also,
    Ive wanted to build a .308 but ive read that because its the .50 variant, I may have problems with the calibration. Not sure. Anyone have info on this? Thx
    Attached Files

No big deal, just get an M107 to put it on—-easy fix

Comment

If I remember right Tokiwartooth was able to change the elevation spindle and reconvert his scope to .308 BDC. Probably need a new adjustment cap and there is a source for those.

He has a lot going on but he will get back on his feet and can be a great resource on scope internals.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Congrats on your live auction win! Are you collecting parts for a build?

Comment

Defender3:

well, lm not too sure! Have to figure out what l gotta do to get this thing working on a .308 build.

Comment

Defender3 ^

Comment

In your other identical post I believe there was a link posted on how to convert to .308 BDC.

Actually instead of a conversion I guess it would be a restoration.
              "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Edit - My bad......saw that this scope was originally built in the .50 cal config so you will be converting.

In that case see my post in your other thread regarding princely sums.

Comment

Need an elevation turret, double helix elevation pinion (twomanattack was selling these), and fine adjustment lever. I got lucky, when USO did their last run of MST100s, I BEGGED them to make an extra elevation assembly, and they did.
                  But, no more, don't bother asking, I've asked them 5 more times, just not interested anymore in producing these.

I know twomanattack had plans to produce EVERY SINGLE PART of an MST100, but that was over a year ago when I last spoke with him before I dropped off the face of the earth. Not sure how far he got. Anyone know?

Comment

Additive manufacturers, e.g., 3-D printers, scan and reproduce small car parts all the time. Could any of these parts be scanned and printed?

Comment

Working...
                    X