Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock work for PGW rail

Hi all,
    I've been slowly acquiring parts for a late M40A3 build. I just picked up a used McMillan A4 stock. The stock has not been opened up for the PGW NV rail. Is a 'smith able to inlet the stock to bed the PGW rail with out issues? How were they fitted back in the day? Did they come that way from McMillan or were the stocks opened up in the armory to fit the rail? Just holding the rail up to the stock it looks as though the rail will be right to the outer edges of the stock...no room for error.

I have seen a milling template posted on this website for milling the stock to install the PGW rail. McMillan used to offer the service, contact them. Search the M40a3 section of this website. Lots of great info there on building the M40a3.

Comment

Any competent smith with a mill and the inlet diagram should be able to inlet the stock for the PGW. The main thing to be careful for is making sure the cuts don’t interfere with the front side flush cups. If done properly, the side flush cups should sit between the “bumps” of the EFR base.

Comment

Thanks. I found the old thread with the template. Now I just need to find a good 'smith. The one I spoke with can't do it. Any suggestions? Preferably someone familiar with the work.

Comment

I used Jeff Hayes at Southern bend gun company, i knew he had the template for Badger ones, so I messaged him and asked. He had milled some other things for me in the past and i was happy with the work and price.

Comment

Checked Badger Ordnance but their website states they will only do it for their stuff. I'll email Rivers Bend Gun Company as well. I'm only a couple hours north of KC.

Comment

Jeff, has the blueprint for the badger one but he did the pgw efr for me. Mcmillan will do it as well, but their turnaround time seemed fairly long

Comment

Originally posted by mjh30 View Post
                Jeff, has the blueprint for the badger one but he did the pgw efr for me. Mcmillan will do it as well, but their turnaround time seemed fairly long
                I had recently read that McMillan is not taking outside work as they are concentrating on production stuff. Don't know how true that is. I suppose I should call them and see what they say.

Comment

I would suggest sending the stock back to McMillan and let them do the inlet.

Comment

I've called McMillan twice. Sit on hold and then have to leave message and will get called back within 24 hours. Never received a call back. Just called again and same deal. Anyone know of if they are working this week?

Comment

Email them. They normally respond in a few days.

Comment

McMillan finally returned my call. They said send it in no problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X