My M40A5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My M40A5

Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 11-21-2018, 10:55 PM.

That's a work of art. I given up on trying to find close the serial number range and settled on E680XXXX for my a5.

Comment

PWS built look Great ,looking for serial numbers is very time consuming job ,I found my G serial number on GB and it took some time on my part , B-634 is that an older version ? ,thank you geoff3

Comment

Very nice looking rifle

Comment

Very nice! As usual, the quality of your pictures makes it even nicer

Closest I have is E66315XX.
          Last edited by MescaBug; 05-10-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• deltawiskey
            deltawiskey commented
            Editing a comment
            Your closer than me, I'm at E649xxxx on my A-5.
            DW

man im a A1 fan at heart, but these are growing on me.

beautiful rifle. shot it yet?

Regards,
          DT

Comment

I have its sister. Probably built by the same 12. Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by USMCSGT0331 View Post
              ... took him many years of going over thousands of GunBroker listings...
              I thought I was the only one who was picky enough to be doing that. Mine's G6759xxx. I had a process of manually going through the photos and also using the Saved Search function. I'm glad to see that sort of attention to detail.

For anyone else looking for near-authentic serial numbers, there's now a wiki page for verified serial numbers. These numbers are from USMC published pictures and can be also found in the photo gallery.
              Last edited by M40A5; 05-10-2017, 10:04 PM.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

• MescaBug
                MescaBug commented
                Editing a comment
                The quest for the Holy Grail

Originally posted by MescaBug View Post
              As usual, the quality of your pictures makes it even nicer
              I'll take that back. Have a look at the bipod buddy, you can do better than that!

Originally posted by M40A5 View Post
              For anyone else looking for near-authentic serial numbers, there's now a wiki page for verified serial numbers. These numbers are from USMC published pictures and can be also found in the photo gallery.
              For those looking for it, its in the A3 section of the Wiki.

Comment

Bipod is an experimental model for use shooting on the sideslope of a hill. Its legit I saw it on ebay and it had a letter signed by a Lance Corporal with 15 years of TIG.

The bitch is finding the companion piece for shooting in the opposite direction on a side slope.
                "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• USMCSGT0331
                  USMCSGT0331 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 11-21-2018, 10:56 PM.

• MescaBug
                  MescaBug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A Sidehill Gouger. That made my day, LOL

I know it's not spoken of openly because of the high casualty count and the embarrassment to the Corps but the other issue with the side hill shots was that every time a Terminal Lance got behind the gun he started to roll down hill, laughing hysterically, yelling "Whhheeeeeeeeee!" between his guffaws.

The lucky ones rolled off a cliff and died from the sudden stop.

The unlucky ones ended up at the bottom of the slope giggling like little girls saying "Gunny I'm dizzy, that was fun can I do it again?" while walking around stumbling with their arms held from their sides. The swift violent response was some senior NCO stomping their chest flat.

Thats what I heard but what do I know, I was a Dragon afraid of his own backblast.
                "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I found a Rem 700 E622304 and cannot find a production date anyone know of a website that I could use to look up the year it was mage thank you geoff3

Comment

If you dont have the original barrel with the date code stamped on the left side, call Remington. Give them the serial number, they will tell you the assembly date of the rifle.

Keep in mind that Remington dont have records of receivers manufacture dates. You can guesstimate by looking at other receivers in the same serial range, which still have their original barrels with the date code. That date code is the barrel manufacturing date. They pick up a receiver from the production line and mate it to a barrel. Serial numbers are not sequential.

Ex: rifle E637XXXX might have been assembled after rifle E638XXXX.

Comment

MescaBug thank you for explaining that the rifles weren't assembled in sequential order ,I thought that they were made in sequential order and without having the original barrel I will have to give Remington a call and get guesstimate on the production date .geoff3

Comment

Originally posted by geoff3 View Post
                        PWS built look Great ,looking for serial numbers is very time consuming job ,I found my G serial number on GB and it took some time on my part , B-634 is that an older version ? ,thank you geoff3
                        Geoff3...I don't have all the facts, but I feel they're several different versions of this cap...as seen above in the picture, which are worth a thousands words sometimes... I have a SPA B-634 on the Premier Heritage and the other Simrads/rings were issued items at one time...early Badger rings.. serial #'s on the rings are below 0255...so I really can't answer that question if USMCSGT0331 are older or newer..but both do exist....and are still being used...as scope caps...

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                        X