Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My A5 build WIP

Been trying to build one on and off for over 10yrs and just fell into my parts this time around. This build will give me all the function and look but im not delusion to even call it spec. This rifle will be used in PRS type matches in my clubs 308 division.

When it was announced premier was done and most believed their scopes wouldnt be under warranty I was able to snatch a premier 3-15x50 for $1k but double turn...for 1k it will give me the look and function but not be 100% correct. Had it on an Ar until Geoffs add tempted me.

Geoff just happened to be selling a correct A5 stock, badger M5, pgw rail, m24 trigger and pws lug and was 45 min from where i lived.

My very first rifle I ever owned is a G prefix so that became my donor. It currently has a 6creedmoor barrel in m40 contour which should be shot out in anther 100-300 rounds. Going to burn it out while I wait for my reamer. Instead of a contract schneider Ill likely go with a bartlein, kreiger or mullerworks in 10 twist to try some of sierras 190 grain bullets.

Ordered a surefire brake straight from surefire, badger rings and rail from Triad Tactical and picked up a simrad cap from a gentleman on here. Also have an excellent suppressor guy who found me a new sealed FA762SS...not every day you find one and get to cut open the seal yourself! 4-6 month wait on that to get let out of jail.

Raven6 isnt far from me so he was my obvious choice for the A5 receiver cuts and DAMN was he fast. I wasnt even sure my receiver got to him yet and he was calling to say it was on its way back. Lucky break in his schedule he says.

need the notched bipod and kwm podloc to finish it off. Have a green quick cuff already...spec is Tan but i can live with it.

now for what everyone just scrolled past all that hot air for....pics.

The A5 came together fast and looks good ...

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
      X