Ammo test my M40A5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo test my M40A5

0.7mil up and 0.1 left , corr with and without suppressor SF.
185gr Lapua .

So what was the ammo?

Did I overlook the load info?
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• kft101
      kft101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out the description of the first photo. Says it was 185gr Lapua.

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      See it now, always miss the small writing under the photo when expecting it in the photo. Sorry.

A handload or factory?

What powder/weight?

Sweet rig. Especially the suppressor. At what ranges (distances) did you shoot?

Comment

Its factory loads. Only distance in that place is 120 yards. Nice place to sight in and test shoot.

Comment

Nice rifle and grouping. I"m glad that you were able to build it, and I'm sure it was a challenge to get all those parts.

Lapua ammo in Norway, Finland and Sweeden is reportedly readily available and affordable...here in the US there are only a couple of sources that import it, and its not as inexpensive as I would prefer:

Scenar bullet: https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/9476
        D-46 bullet: https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/9482

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your build and its results. Looks great.

Comment

Nice group!!! The 185's are a good long range bullet.

Comment

Working...
          X