My Raven built M40A5 is Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Raven built M40A5 is Home

First, I must say it was an absolute pleasure to have Mark at Raven Rifles do the build for me. I meet him in person last year to drop the parts off and since then he communicated very well throughout the process. His work and attention to detail appear to be flawless. I am very pleased with how this rifle turned out. I hope to get it to the range this weekend to start breaking the barrel in see how it shoots.

Raven Rifles built
    G-Prefix
    Schneider 'USMC contract' barrel
    Ross recoil lug
    30moa lugged base
    Badger USMC Rings and Simrad
    M24 Trigger
    30 moa lugged rail
    Surefire brake MB762SSAL/RE
    PGW mount
    Harris 6-9 S-BRM notched
    KMW Pod-Loc short lever
    Badger M5 - One AI mag that I have came with a "story" that it is an issued mag. If not I'm fine with it, I gave 50 bucks for it. The oddball thing about it is that the logo is facing the opposite direction of all the other AI mags that I have.
    Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 PMII LP MTC GenII Mil-dot (not M8541 marked)
    S&B Premier reticle scope cap
    I have a Quick Cuff sling but mine is the wrong color (green). I may put a date MRT on it.

Wow. Me likey. Have the parts. Don't have the $$ to send em off.

This thread worthless w/o a range report!! ha

Regards,
    DT

Comment

Very Nice!! Mark builds and outstanding rifle, I'm sure your going to be quite pleased with how it shoots...of course we will want to see your range report anyways. Its always great to see these rifles in action
      DW

Comment

Very nice.

You certainly hunted for some parts.

Mark indicated my .223 caliber M40 may start this week. He builds shooters.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• Raven 6
          Raven 6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Phil please clean your mailbox.

• pmclaine
          pmclaine commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do.

Just got back from FL vacation. Will call today.

Does a kick ass job, doesn't he??

Comment

Working...
        X