Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODS!!! Fix M40A7 issues PLEASE!!!

Since the M40 site is the number one repository of all things USMC sniping, I think we need to get rid of all the M40A7 stuff, it just muddies up the works.

I have had to have 2 very long conversations with customers wanting to build an A7 and they know its an A7 because they saw on this site.

I wonder how the A7 rumor got started, but regardless I agree the moderators should correct posts to show A6 as the correct nomenclature.

Comment

It probably got call the A7 because the USMC skipped a number going from the A1, A3, A5, A7 would have been the next in the series.

Comment

The site has been referring to the new rifle as the M40A6 for some time now. Are you suggesting that I go through other people's posts in the M40A6 section and edit what they wrote?
        "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

I understand you can't change every post, but we can at least change the text on the home page pic.

Comment

I don't want to go back and change what was originally posted but you are right that we should not feature a thread with out-of-date information. I removed that thread from the home page and replaced it with the M40A6 build guide.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

Pfft, the A7 was so last year. Scuttlebutt has it that the Corps is now issuing sniper platoons the new A8!

Here's a pic of some guy holding one of the new M40A8 rifles:

Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 08-07-2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Tough to really see the rifles with the eye candy distraction but they are there.

Thats the rifle the USMC will issue you when you are "Short".

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

WOAH! You guys are jumping the gun, so to speak! The A7 designation is being held for when they finally decide to glass in all those damned holes in the RACS.
                  You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

A7 was already taken......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ltv-a7-corsairii_28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	28937

Its been retired in respect of "The Last Gunfighter"
                    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• SemperFi
                      SemperFi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, but by that same train of thought, so was the A6 Which is essentially what I still consider the A6 to be in the M40 lineup....an Intruder

• pmclaine
                      pmclaine commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I knew my comment had holes in it but I couldn't help making a pithy comment besides who doesn't like pictures of cool planes?

How about the "A1"?

"Sky Raider" or "Spad ". The last of the props, so bad ass it shot down a jet.
                      Last edited by pmclaine; 08-08-2017, 04:04 AM.

• njohn890
                      njohn890 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Read a great story about that Skyraider shoot down of the Mig. The Midway(?) or Intrepid (?) is going through the Suez Canal sometime later and a group of Egyptian pilots get a tour. One of the Egyptian pilots walks past the squadron ready room and sees a Red Star kill flag on the ready room door. "what's that for?" he asks, " that's for the shoot down of a Mig-17" comes the reply (same Jets the Egyptians fly) "what plane was it that shot down the Mig?" Apparently the answer to his question was not well received
                      Last edited by njohn890; 08-08-2017, 10:45 PM.

The M40 legacy dies with the A6.

Long live the MK-13

Comment

Working...
                    X