Two random pics of a M40A6 at Quantico circa 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two random pics of a M40A6 at Quantico circa 2019

Two random pics of an M40A6 from the recent precision rifle match from the Quantico Shooting Club's April 2016 match. This rifle appears to be rather new.
    M40A6 at Quantico, April 2019 M8541 scope on M40A6

RR receiver?
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I'd sure like to do an A6 clone build... but man those chassis are mucho dinero.

Comment

I didn't see the receiver serial # from my buddie's pics. I heard that some are RR prefix.

Comment

I'd like to put a few rounds thru one of these just to try that chassis out...
          DW

Comment

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel the same way.

but when it comes to spending that type of money on a chassis style rifle my mind says just get over my USMC fetish and buy an AI.

Comment

Was this someones personal build or was this a PWS gun? Just noticing the "Non" NSN marked M8541. Had one at one time but traded it to a buddy. I know the Corp has a few of those on A6's.

Comment

I will defer to Hlavinka since he was there on Sunday, but my understanding is that this was a PWS M40A6 that a Scout-Sniper checked out for the Sunday match. (Often they bring some of the old M40A1s out for the match, but not always)

Comment

I can’t say for certain who brought it, I believe it was out of a well connected retiree’s advanced collection. I did not take notice of the serial number. It didn’t even occur to me as I guess I assumed it was civilian.

It was so new I didn’t want to be the guy who put the first wear mark on it. So I didn’t even extend the buttplate. I was at a severe disadvantage as I have monkey arms. I did manage to score a X at 1000 yards on the F class target with my third and final round. I benefited greatly from some professional coaching.

Comment

Another recollection, the thing vibrated like a tuning fork after each shot. I was surprised by this as I had never shot an all metal system. I don’t believe it was audible.

Comment

Working...
                  X