Stupid Question .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Question .

I have been a shooter from my youth , and really want to strech my distances out further ,not competing ,hunting primarlly, but only ethically hunting up to my limit of 200 yards. I want to strech it out further for target shooting . I think I want to learn how to use a ballistic app device and hence my stupid question , Does the Kestral 4500 w/ B.A. do it all ,w/o an Iphone or a tablet ? I know you got to put all the input into it and so forth ,just never been exposed to the ballistic app . I guess I trying to figure out if my Mil-Dot Master is really all I need .

I think the Kestrel will do it all, but you are probably better off with a smartphone or tablet. You can buy a cheaper Kestrel and use the money you save to buy your choice of ballistics app with plenty to spare.

In a crunch, I tend to use ShootersCalculator.com if I have access to the internet. It's a free online ballistics app that is pretty good.

Comment

Orvar ,thanks , will go and check it out ,we have a new range about a 100 miles from here and it suppose to be the place to go for great range time . But it is only 600 yards ,,,,,for now ,they are wanting to strech it for 1k. I figured I could get a distances down to start and thought the B.A. would be a good start.

Comment

Desert Tech has come out with a new app for about $40.00 for Iphones or Androids that is really supposed to be something. Go to the Sniper's Hide and you can read the review.

Comment

Check out the Rianov devices. Ballistic computers. Input the actual shooting conditions, and it will calculate a solution for you.

One of my shooting buddies uses it. It works.

https://www.rianov.com/

Comment

Thanks fellas will check out options and see .

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
            X