Collapse

A few rare and interesting military knives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pair of Sea Wolf knives made by Gus Marsh. The top is 1 of 200 one-piece knives that he made in the early 1980's, the bottom is 1 of 26 three-piece knives that he made for his UDT and SEAL buddies in 1967-68. He had the three-piece knives made at a machine shop in Subic Bay, Philippines when he was stationed there during the war. This original three-piece version is extremely rare and I know of 1 or 2 others in collections.

As you can see in the last 3 pictures, the three-piece knife is marked on both sides of the handle and on the blade. ARG stands for Amphibious Ready Group, the numbers could refer to a deployment or ship and the CPT could refer to the Captain or some kind of team. I need to track down contact info for Mr. Marsh and ask him what these markings mean. Until then, here's a few pictures!

Comment

Thank you for posting pictures of all the knifes you never know whats going to show up on this forum ,geoff3

Comment

Well, just scored a Lawndale non-magnetic (1 of about 5 known), so the SEAL/UDT non-magnetic set is finally complete! Will get pics up as soon as I can

Comment

After more than one year hunting i got the USMC Bayonet 2000.

Comment

• USMCSGT0331
            USMCSGT0331 commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you were able to track down a USMC Bayonet 2000, they're pretty rare (only 50 made)! I recently picked up a few more of those as well, definitely a cool knife to have in the collection!

What do you mean "pick up few more of those"? From USMC Bayonet 2000? ) Anyway is there any forum, website where you posted your collection? I'm very coriuos for that

Comment

• USMCSGT0331
            USMCSGT0331 commented
            Editing a comment
            I came across a few more USMC Bayonet 2000 knives a few months ago and decided they needed a good home I don't belong to knife forums, just gun forums.

These are from my collection

Comment

Here's a few knives I've gotten over the past few weeks, can't wait to have my father photograph them! From left to right they are:

Eickhorn USMC Bayonet 2000, 1 of 50 that were made for the Corps
            Lan-Cay USMC M9 Field Trial (FT) bayonet, this still has a tag on it and is 119 of 150 that were made
            Lan-Cay USMC M9 Field Trial (FT) bayonet, 1 of 150 made
            Ka-Bar USN Mk2 in an experimental sheath with velcro strap, the knife isn't rare, but the sheath is one of only a handful known
            Imperial UDT/SEAL non-magnetic dive knife in an experimental sheath with snap strap, 1 of 1,156 made in 1961
            Alton UDT/SEAL non-magnetic dive knife, 1 of 200 made in 1981
            Lawndale UDT/SEAL non-magnetic dive knife, 1 of 5 made in 1983

As far as I can tell, this might be the first time all 3 versions of the UDT/SEAL non-magnetic knives have been photographed together and published. I'm doing more research on these and will start a separate thread on them in the future.

Left to right: Imperial, Alton, Lawndale
            Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I'm just wondering about your UDT knife collection (1 of 5 made ). I hope i'll have chance for one Anyway one of my favorite topic is the experimental bayonets. Can you share more info (maybe pictures) about the M9 trial bayonets? Thanks in advance! plus i would be really hapy to see your collection

Comment

Working...
              X