Pick heavy,

Unpacking a New old stock M49 kit.

That's an awesome find! Do you have have another one you can sell me? ☺

Comment

Cont...

Comment

Still has that new car smell!

Comment

I looked up one of the OEM's and they still had the M49 in their product line description as one of the products they build. Im guessing the mil doesnt buy them anymore but its a shame they dont sell them commercially as a rugged option to buy.

Like most American goods its probably to expensive to build and compete with cheap foreign labor made products to compete against.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

They are out of service, the last known users of the M49 were the USMC sniper schools.

It is reported that they liked them for students because it had no reticle and required better commo between the shooter/spotter.

I have some of these for sale, if any one is interested, $850.00 delivered CONUS. New in the wrap, still sealed, you would be the first person to see it since it was packaged.
            The serials on the scope and tripod match, just the way they were all originally issued.

Comment

Marty, I'll take it!

Comment

Never seen one new in the box. Cool. Don't remember them having the front lens cover attached with a chain either.

Comment

I have seen them both ways. These are from the last manufacturer of record of this NSN.

If you look in The Long range war, Pg 266, it shows an Army Sniper team with an M49 with the dummy cord intact.

Comment

Now that is bad ass! If I would have seen that yesterday, I would have sent you money instead of another guy. PM sent.

Comment

Awesome stuff!! Its like a time-capsule.

Comment

Sent you an email.

Just when you think you are getting a handle on your finances stuff like this comes along.

I'd never make it into the Bible as every temptation that comes along I fall for it.
                        Last edited by pmclaine; 08-03-2015, 11:03 AM.
                        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
                          Sent you an email.

Just when you think you are getting a handle on your finances stuff like this comes along.

I'd never make it into the Bible as every temptation that comes along I fall for it.
                          We're in the same boat. Damn you www.m40rifle.com forum

Comment

Marty emailed saying he is out of stock right now so my bank account dodged a bullet...for now.

I wonder if the CMP will end up with any of these, somethhing a depot decided to surplus or perhaps they are a manufacturers NOS that went private sale.

Id love to get access to the mils attic and see what treasures they deem useless.

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
                              Marty emailed saying he is out of stock right now so my bank account dodged a bullet...for now.
                              I guess they sold out pretty quick! At least 4-5 members here were interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X