No announcement yet.

M49 Spotting scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The correct strap is 5/8 or 3/4 wide. I had a couple in the old days and tossed them cause they weren't cool. They are super cool now.

Comment

Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 11-22-2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Do you think Dick at Premier Reticles installed it? That would be my first guess.

Comment

Very nice! Ranging reticle on the bulletproof M49 . Neat. Now you need a spotter to call your shots!

Any idea if the mil-dot is calibrated for 20X? I guess so but it would be interesting to spot a few shots to confim it.

Comment

got the M15 tripod from a member on another forum around 8 years ago and bought the scope from eBay around 5 years ago and restored it
            IMG_0111 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_0112 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_0113 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

Not as nice as that one and no where near as nice as modern scopes but it works

Sure would have liked to get a cherry one like that but Im sure they cost more than I could afford

Yours is almost to nice to use

Need to find a front cap and strap and I do have a brand new plastic storage tube for it not pictured

Comment

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice job on the restoration.
              I replaced my Kowa with one of the Badger M49s.
              It made my range bag a good ten pounds lighter and I can actually fit some gear in the bag now without my optic taking up all the room.
              They arent the best but they are good enough and they get the job done.

I like that "key" on your securing band. The NOS scopes had a little tiny blade to turn and it was not that user friendly the way yours looks to be.

actually I replaced it with a strap
            easier to get it setup
            I think it was a fastener for a drier exhaust

Comment

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              I went with a strap too.

Besides being tough for my delicate girly digits to operate the worm gear band doesn't conform to the tripod bag for storage all that well.

ill get pictures up this weekend but the scope tube mine came with was made of fiberglass or something
            it looks like it was a older model and it was covered in cloth
            i have the newer one I got NOS from a board member on another forum years ago but the older one has character ....

Comment

Does anyone have one of these for sale all I need is the scope I have the mounts and everything else.

Comment

9296, can you post a pic of the case? Its probably linen phenolic, it might be a case for an M48, a B&L scope.

Comment

Its exactly like this http://oldguns.net/pix/17706.jpg

Comment

That is a linen phenolic case for the M48 spotting scope, very rare!

Comment

This is mine
                      M49 spotting scope by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

Comment

The scope is pretty old to the data plate is brass not tin

Comment

Working...
                        X