Leupold Mk4 image question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leupold Mk4 image question

I got my Mk4 back from servicing with more issues. One is that the image through the scope does a twisty dance at the top and bottom when moving my eye from side to side, especially at low power. I don't remember it doing that before, as I'm sure I would have noticed it. But, for the sake of my sanity, does anyone else's Mk4 do the same dance? Or is it a nice, flat window-like image throughout the eyebox?
    You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Are you parallax free when you see the distortion?

3.5-10?

Comment

Originally posted by Skunk View Post
      Are you parallax free when you see the distortion?

3.5-10?
      The scope is 12-40X

It is not a parallax issue. It occurs across the focal range. The scope is properly parallax free in relation to the reticle when the target image is in focus.
      You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

If the scope is Second Focal Plane, I'm assuming you're only seeing the funny stuff in the target image and not the reticle?

Anyway, I can't reproduce your issue in my scope, but it is a 3.5-10. Not a very good comparison, probably.

Comment

Thanks.

My bad. I should have mentioned that it's a Mk4 Spotting Scope, not a rifle scope. The whole image doesn't move, just the edges, like looking through a fish bowl.

Comment

Working...
          X