MK4 Spotting scope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK4 Spotting scope

Won this MK4 mil dot spotting scope with APO tripod, range finder mount and ARD I bought the case off of eBay still good deals out there very lucky to find this for under $500 .geoff3
    Last edited by geoff3; 07-02-2017, 12:02 PM.

Great deal, very nice setup

Comment

You know what you deserve to treat yourself for all you do.

I hope you enjoy your new piece of cool gear because hey Tiger you Gosh darn earned it.

Don't let anyone tell you you are not deserving of treating yourself at even twice the cost.

Your bargain shopping is just evidence of your superior intelligence and concern for others in your life.

Shit the kids will be able to study astronomy with it and even range the distance to the moon. It wasn't for you, you did it "for the children".

Don't let anyone tell you you shouldn't get a new rifle to go with it.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Hello I bought the hard case for the M151 Ashbury Precision Ordnance 2 more pieces and the kit will be completed thank you geoff3

Comment

Hello I need to get the Mono loc and LIF (Laser interference Filter) to complete the kit ,Any one have LIF for the Leupold Mark4 Spotting scope I will looking for one to buy thanks for looking ,geoff3

Comment

Man its great getting "toys"....

I got my 1968 Coleman lantern running today....

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	33561

and I found my barrel mount scope base ofr my Winchester Model 70 - Hathcock Tribute Sniper....

Name:	IMG_3857_1024x1024.JPG
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	33562

Now I wants me a Hults Bruk hatchet....

Name:	aneby01.png
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	33563

but the house needs a new one of these...

Name:	dr7.png
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	33564

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

That is a nice hatchet looks custom made ,my father has a couple hatchets that are custom made and there really is a difference between custom and Home Depot, and I remember the lantern as a kid camping with my grandfather I would always break the cloth that burns ,geoff3

Comment

• pmclaine
                pmclaine commented
                Editing a comment
                Hults Bruk is a company in sweden that has been making iron tools since the 1600s according to their site.

Didnt know i wanted a hatchet to replace the Stihl camp hatchet I currently have but when I held the handle in hand and felt the great balance of the forged head, it just felt like a great tool.

Where I camp its in amongst a stand of hemlocks. Those trees are frequently infested with low spike branches that are a hazard to moving around the camp space.

That well balanced hatchet would make quick work of the hazardous spikes while leaving a choice few to hang my lantern.

Interesting thing I learned about mantles,,,the old school ones were radioactive thorium. In the 70s a kid used mantles and other scrounged material to make a pile that to some accounts was on the verge of going reactionary.

The silk is just a carrier that burns away on the first light leaving a delicate lace of "metal" that glows when lit. The radioactive thorium salts used in the old mantles is reported to have worked better but supposedly moderate to heavy use of the lantern was equal to a dental xray. The people manufacturing them though got greater exposure.
                Last edited by pmclaine; 01-19-2018, 10:34 AM.

Geoff3: did you purchase the hard case direct from Ashbury? Pmclaine: the wide shade Coleman lanterns are my favorite to use. Somewhere, haven't seen it for years, I have an OD green wide shade lantern. Army used them 40s to 60s...

Comment

• pmclaine
                pmclaine commented
                Editing a comment
                Lots of mil issue lanterns and parts on Ebay.

I thought of going that route but I was born in 1968 so I thought a lantern of the same vintage would be cool. It came with a nice sturdy plastic clam shell case for storage as well rather than the cardboard V2 box of the mil models.

Got a little bit of a "pulsing" issue with mine right now but Im hoping some exposure to clean fuel and a new filler cap will clean away any lacquer and ensure the pressure stays up.

If you find that Army lantern and have any interest in selling I might be tempted into another purchase.........
                Last edited by pmclaine; 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM.

Originally posted by HarryB View Post
              Geoff3: did you purchase the hard case direct from Ashbury? Pmclaine: the wide shade Coleman lanterns are my favorite to use. Somewhere, haven't seen it for years, I have an OD green wide shade lantern. Army used them 40s to 60s...
              Hello HarryB yes I called APO and ordered right from them customer service was very good ,geoff3

Comment

I have a lantern of the same vintage (not sure of exact age).

It eats mantles however. I put new ones on every time I fire it up, but it still works fine.

Comment

• pmclaine
                  pmclaine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ive been burning the crap out of mine to clean it out, using a mix of white gas and injector cleaner. Chased a pulsating issue that ended up being a leaking fill cap. Thing runs great now and holds pressure to burn long time without repumping.

• J!m
                  J!m commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try acetone. And CLR for the soot
              Working...
              X