Just a head's up USMC SNIPER SB 3-12x50 Premier Reticles cap' s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a head's up USMC SNIPER SB 3-12x50 Premier Reticles cap' s

Not mine but they are a cool addition for a "spec" build. I found one for my A5 clone and it really sets it off.

https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...-sets.6972534/

$750 is high. If somebody wants one for cheaper PM me I have an extra one.

Comment

Here we go again with this... I thought this price gouging had perished on these.

Comment

Its not gouging.

Guy has a unicorn.

He sets the price it sells at.

If the market buys it - thats the price.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Back in the old days, I recall seeing actually sell for $1,500, just the cover for the big end. I sort of forget the story on these, but I seem to recall that somebody found a bunch of them, and in the prices then crashed. Can somebody refresh my recollection as to how that worked and who found them.
          jack1911

Comment

Seeing one actually sell for $1,500, thanks Ryan, I wish we could have edit now but we can't.
            jack1911

Comment

I bought one of these brand new about 3yrs ago for $50. I put it on my freshly built rifle and spray bombed that mo-fo! Now, it lives in a drag bag that stays in the bed of my truck. I hunt and shoot with it on a regular basis. If these goofy things are selling for $750, I'll be buying myself a shiny new Butler Creek tomorrow.

Or, I have this 3d printy thing at the office.....?

Comment

• reese3303
                reese3303 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just make sure to sell your real one before you flood the market lol.

Print away bro!

Comment

Over the years I purchased several of the USMC marked covers for less than $200 each on eBay. Never saw an ocular cover offered till now by the hide seller.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryB View Post
                  Never saw an ocular cover offered till now by the hide seller.
                  I wonder how the ocular caps are different than the run of the mill butler caps?

Comment

MikeW: looks identical to a standard Butler Creek, but not marked with the Butler Creek name or logo, based on my observations.

Comment

3D printing would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by Piteously Uninformed View Post
                        Back in the old days, I recall seeing actually sell for $1,500, just the cover for the big end. I sort of forget the story on these, but I seem to recall that somebody found a bunch of them, and in the prices then crashed. Can somebody refresh my recollection as to how that worked and who found them.
                        There were something like 300 made for the first order of S&Bs purchased for the a5s. They worked for the range, but when Tenebrax made killflashes, they were all instantly replaced. Some of them were shipped out into the field and were swapped in combat. Those were either kept as souvenirs, trashed, or lost. The rest were swapped at the armory and stashed in the back of a wall locker. I surmise one of them Chiefs who worked in the Armory or a craft Terminal Lance Coolie who haunted the Hide probably pilfered a few from the trash can and figured out how to make some quick bucks on eBay. I was lucky enough to stumble on 5 NOS fornt covers when I misspelled "Shmidt and Bender M8541" in a search engine years ago. Bought them all quickly. Parted with three of them through mostly trades, each valued at about 600 bucks a piece. Now I have one for my a5 and a spare back in the closet. Call it gouging if you want, but this is truly a unicorn piece. You can 3D print all you want, but the fact is that folks that build clones can be finicky on their parts.

Comment

If anyone is interested, I'm sure I have a few sets of caps laying around and will let them go for a reasonable price. PM if interested

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                          X