MST-100s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MST-100s

Rumor starting at SH that if you call Becky at USO you can get on the new list for another run of scopes.

Have not seen anything on pricing.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Can you post a link to the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepC Infidel View Post
      Can you post a link to the thread?
      Its the last post of the M40A1 build thread, a sticky in the bolt rifle section at Snipers Hide.....

Just one poster put it up.

I questioned him on pricing, he said $3100.00
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

They had done a run at the end of 2016 for a private order so its believable. I kept calling to find out when it was finished so I could get one of the overrun parallax spanner wrench and ending up scoring a set. Fit the issued Unertl no problem.

So for everyone who still needs the parallax spanner wrench you better call them up and find out if they are going to have spares again!

Comment

Part of me thinks this is just a rumor started to try to bring prices down on the CMP auctions. There isn't much profit for USO when originals are going for the same price or less. (the exception being the $1000 rings ) Unless someone reputable verifies this, I call horse feathers.

Comment

I have not seen many CMP scopes sell for $3100.

The USO option takes a lot of agida out of the shopping experience - set price, no bidding wars, no going to the classifieds every fifteen minutes to see if someone has listed one at a fair price to sell.

In exchange you will likely wait 18 months and when they roll out there will be bitching galore.

When Lazy21 arranged the last sale he got his ass handed to him by a lot of people for shit outside his control.

I was number 2 on that list of 100 and didn't mind the wait one bit knowing I would eventually have a scope at a time when CMP wasn't an option nor was it ever considered real Unertls would come available and it was supposed to be "the last run" of MSTs.

They would be crazy not to milk this cow every few years.

What might be nice is if CMP would start selling the real shit scopes maybe USO would sell parts to make a damaged Unertl serviceable again.

Comment

I am not bragging but I recently (the last month) have bought 3 off the auction for 2600, 2011, and 2800. The last two arrive tomorrow. The first one is mint other than paint. The cheapest has a reticle that needs replaced but I am not worried as I am still well under what a reproduction MST will cost. The only scopes going for more are the ones with rings which is why the joke is they add $1000 to the price. I hope the guys that want a MST get one but it isn't for me. Until someone confirms this, I think it is just a rumor.

Comment

Awesome on you for saving those scopes at good prices.

If the USO sales happen would there be parts they make that you could need to square an unserviceable scope away?

Comment

Unknown. Skunk might know? Depends if they use the same parts and drawings i would think.

Comment

I'd pay $4k for an original before I shelled out $3100 for a new production USO.

Comment

As for repair parts.... I seriously doubt USO will go down that road. Some parts need to be hand-fit. It would be a nightmare for USO to sell parts and try to explain to ham-fisted customers why it won't work right out of the package. It would only be a matter of time before someone blamed USO's replacement part for their stripped out turret housing.

The new USO is not the old one we all knew and loved. It's over.

Comment

I got my last two scopes in from the CMP today. For all three I am in fro $7400. That is $1900 under what the same cost of 3 MST's would be. They are original and authentic. All of them function excellent with the exception of the uncut which has a broken reticle as the only defect. Ironsight said they would go through the optic and make any repairs for $360. It was also the cheapest at $2000. Like I stated before I don't see how USO would find enough market to reproduce when the originals are still available.

Comment

You've been lucky. I the last 2-3 years, we've rarely seen them under 3K-4K$-ish.

Even then, like Skunk says, why not shell out 4K for the real deal vs 3100$ for a USO... CMP aunctions them quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepC Infidel View Post
                            I got my last two scopes in from the CMP today. For all three I am in fro $7400. That is $1900 under what the same cost of 3 MST's would be. They are original and authentic. All of them function excellent with the exception of the uncut which has a broken reticle as the only defect. Ironsight said they would go through the optic and make any repairs for $360. It was also the cheapest at $2000. Like I stated before I don't see how USO would find enough market to reproduce when the originals are still available.
                            Good job! I bid early on a couple of those just trying to snag a steal.

Does Iron Sight have parts for these? I was concerned about finding someone who could repair or replace the reticle on that one.

Cass

Comment

I couldn't resist one of the .50 Cal versions recently. I don't have a .50 Cal but when I do....ha! For now it is just a nice collectable USMC scope with provenance.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....Telescope-5088

Cass

Comment

Working...
                              X