Collapse

MST-100s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeepC, who did you talk to at iron sight? I’ve sent them several emails with no luck, I need a reticle replaced in my unertl. Thanks

Comment

• deltawiskey
      deltawiskey commented
      Editing a comment
      If it doesn't have the USO mod done on it Aaron Davis will work on it. (He is what's left of the Unertl scope company).
      P.M. me if you want his contact info.
      DW

I called them and talked to a lady there. I sent mine in last week.

Comment

I was talking to someone yesterday and he was telling me of various work he has had done at Ironsight all very successfully.

I often heard horror stories of dealing with them.

Are they getting better in providing service?
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Phil, I’ve heard several horror stories also, Although I’d really like my unertl fixed and idk who else would do it. I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I’m not far from them and could drive it up there

Comment

• pmclaine
          pmclaine commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck and you may consider DeltaWhiskeys comment regarding Aaron Davis. Aaron is great to work with.

Customer service at USO told me that they are putting together a list of people interested in an MST-100 (the list is currently over 100, they require a minimum of 60).
        They are hopeful that the CEO will go ahead and approve the run... if I hear that its a for sure thing I will be sure to post an update here.
        DW

Comment

The problem isn't whether there is or isn't interest in the scope. It's whether or not that interest brings $3100/pc. And, if they drop the price enough to be competitive with CMP, will there be a profit margin that makes it worth USO's time and effort.

Comment

If I had a well loved return stock to base a build on then a CMP been there done that issued scope would be the way to go. Unfortunately I will most likely never get my hands on a return stock.
            So, for me...I will prefer a new, know it's going to work, clear glass with no issues or needing repairs USO scope for about the same price as the CMP scopes sell for.
            To each his own I guess...
            DW

Comment

Believe me, I get where you're coming from. USO just needs to make a good business decision. Hopefully there are enough guys out there like you for USO to decide in favor of building the scopes.

Becky called me a couple weeks ago and we talked about it for awhile. I'm not sure what their margins are at $3100 or how many people they have on the list. There are some good ideas on the table but I don't know the new CEO. We'll see...

Comment

Im always surprised by how many seemingly dedicated shooters never heard of the CMP.

Amongst dedicated shooters that are M40A1 fans Im guessing those that know nothing of the CMP are fewer than in the greater dedicated shooter cohort.

Still to me the appeal of the USO was knowing final cost when making my decision and knowing I was actually going to get a scope.

I waited close to two years on the last group by and prior to saying "Ill take it" when USO offered, it was a dry 6-8 months running a Weaver K10 with no sign of anyone willing to sell their USO MST and the CMP was not yet in the game.

I couldnt believe my luck that USO had decided to do another run.

Despite the relative "abundance" right now for "real" Unertls I think USO can get 100 people interested enough that they can milk this limited revenue stream.

Nightforce does similar with the 2-10X24 scopes for people wanting to make SPR clones.
                "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

This doesnt bode well for USO.......

http://www.rwsgunsmithing.com/catalo...e-rifle-scope/

if there are many at that price they will need to adjust their pricing.

Kind of contradicting my other post but this is cool.

Comment

• SemperFi
                    SemperFi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, for $428 more than they bought it for from the CMP, you get the original battle paint and the white in the USMC SNIPER lettering stripped. Ah, but you "save" $750.

Phil, while everyone would like to own the real deal, there are also those who would want brand new glass on their shooters. There's a market for both.

• pmclaine
                    pmclaine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didnt look up the original CMP auction.....Did they ruin the scope by removing its USMC DNA?

Well thats a shame.

Still its a viable option and what USO must compete against.

If I could only buy one it would be new USO, matter of fact thats the camp I am in right now.

If there were no other options Id be jumping on this scope and hoping its functional/repairable.

I agree there is a market for both.

But the pressure is on USO.

After the last series of scopes I guessed that every three years they would build another batch of scopes with an expected $100 - $200 price increase.

The CMP offerings may slightly down pressure USOs decision to increase.

I think easily though they will find 100 people that dont know about the CMP or dont want to deal with the auction.
                Working...
                X