Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MST100 below $3K

https://forum.snipershide.com/thread.../#post-7322185
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

He's been trying to sell it for a bit at $3K. I sent him a pic request as that's a pretty good deal. Darn you Phil, now I'll have to buy a M40A1.

Comment

You are welcome.....just doing my part to help the economy.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Several Unertl 10x will start next week on the CMP auction page. All have had the USO rebuild.

Comment

• MikeW
          MikeW commented
          Editing a comment
          Not ALL of them ... it looks like 1838 made it out into the field and never received the USO mod... while its brother 1837 stayed home and did get the mod??
          Last edited by MikeW; 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM.

• SemperFi
          SemperFi commented
          Editing a comment
          The scopes were modified during servicing, and the scopes were not kept together by serial numbers. Not all scopes were serviced by USO, and of those that were, not all received the modification (from what I understand).

• MikeW
          MikeW commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just pointing out that the two consecutive serial numbers being auctioned as a set soon...has one that does not have the USO mod. I'm courious to see what the pair sells for, I will take a shot.

I received the pictures. My wallet has taken a beating the last few weeks. I may just stick with the T-10 and get that commercial smear redone my McMillan for the less expensive way out for now. I reserve the right to change my mind, frequently...

ETA - Looks like Reese3303 did an I'll Take It.
        Last edited by Defender3; 11-08-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I couldn't help myself.

I already have one (serial # 3025) but will be selling. It was cerakoted and I want one with an original black finish.

Comment

• SemperFi
            SemperFi commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you have yours done in camouflage Cerakote?

Good snag!
          I pm'd him a couple of weeks ago and asked for pics...I never got them so I bought a different one for $2850.
          DW

Comment

Bought $350 of first aid/tourniquet gear today.......I don't just shove people into poverty, I join them.

Comment

Comment

• Skunk
                Skunk commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that not just Krylon paint which can be wiped off with acetone?

The scope was professionally duracoated tactical coyote brown. Everything else is krylon...

Comment

• Skunk
                Skunk commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good to me...

Should clean up nice if you're ok with the tactical coyote...
              Attached Files

Comment

• deltawiskey
                deltawiskey commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh my, love the looks of that girl!! ; )
                DW

• kft101
                kft101 commented
                Editing a comment
                Definitely a sexy AF build!

But that tan/brown duracoat though... Just hurts a bit inside thinking about it. Similar to an A1 build posted here where the smith (Raven?) gave the metal parts and MST-100 the "weathered" look by tactically applying sandpaper and elbow grease to them at the owner's request. Ouch...
                Last edited by kft101; 11-11-2018, 12:37 PM.

I agree that’s why I went after the one on the hide.
              I’ll be using it to hunt so it’ll end up getting worn.
              Will be posting my duracoated one for sale next week.
              Have papers and tool kit just no box.

Comment

Scope came in today. The markings are different but I assume thats to be expected from batch to batch. The heigh of sidewall space where vernier markings and yardage marking are is taller. And the clicks feel different.
                Next step is sighting this thing in.......again........

Comment

• deltawiskey
                  deltawiskey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting, don't suppose you could post some pictures?
                  DW

• reese3303
                  reese3303 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure. Let me know if you'd like to see anything in particular.
                  Another give away is the divider vertical marking has void space between the top of line and o-ring. Where as the older scope does not.

Comment

• pmclaine
                  pmclaine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @Skunk

Could you provide a good tutorial on how to properly remove/reset the elevation screw if this is some sort of error in manufacture.

Now Ill have to check mine when I get home.

• reese3303
                  reese3303 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes a tutorial would help!

• Skunk
                  Skunk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now that I think about it...saying the knob was not held down properly may be incorrect. It could be the case, but it could also just be the way the threads between the coarse/bdc knob and the differential screw line up.

To check, you would loosen the set screw on the coarse/bdc elevation knob. Then, while pinching the knob down to the scope (thumb on top keeping knob pushed downward) back out the center screw, as if you are raising the point of impact. Back screw all the way out. When the screw backs out of the differential screw (piece hidden between the coarse and fine elevation adjustments) you may feel the main knob snap downward. This will only happen if there was a whole turn/thread of the center screw between the bdc and differential.

Kinda hard to explain in type.

It's really not a big deal as long as your bdc isn't rocking all over the place while set on "10." And, you'll lose your zero by checking this....

Check the reticles as well. I've found at least 3 variaitons in the US Optic scopes.

Comment

• deltawiskey
                  deltawiskey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What have you seen for variations?
                  DW

• SemperFi
                  SemperFi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm curious if Capthook has seen others, but so far I've seen pointed posts, then thick squared posts (more or less like the Unertls), then really thin squared posts. (A couple of the photos are borrowed. I hope the original owners don't mind.)
              Working...
              X