MST100 Parallax - Beyond 300Y

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defender3 View Post

Actually no, but it's more because I haven't been able to get back to 300y to set the parallax. While you unscrew the lens, make sure you also pull the objective out as Skunk mentioned.

I'll be honest, I luv this rifle but the scope system is atrocious (my opinion). I've broken in the barrel using the 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, and 10 method and I bet it's a tack driver, but I'm going to sell this rifle off as with a 300y setting, you'll always have parallax issues a longer distances. I'm old and crotchety now so I don't handle frustration well. I'll focus on the 1941 USMC Sniper instead. Good luck!
    Your parallax issue decreases at longer distances.

The error increases in from 300.

Yet still at 100 if you use good form its a non issue.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post

Your parallax issue decreases at longer distances.

The error increases in from 300.

Yet still at 100 if you use good form its a non issue.
      I should have mentioned that I was out with the weapons battalion folks who brought out their legacy M40A1s and they were having issues at 800 and 1000. They explained it as a parallax issue with that particular scope so that was the data point I was using. Good to hear that might not be the case - thanks Phil.

Comment

It's my understanding of how it works.

more knowlegeable people will chime in I'm sure.

If the issue was specific to that scope PWS was using you should be good to go.

You want to get this gun to work, you will love it.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
        X