Consecutive serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consecutive serial numbers

Would you pay any premium for consecutive serial number scopes? I have 2 pair of them and I don’t need 4 scopes. I need 2 but might keep a 3rd just in case. I hate to split them up but I’m also not sure it adds much value.

There are always collectors that want this or that.

Depends on the scopes.

if they are already desireable it could only make them more desireable.

if nothing special you may wait a long time looking for the guy that will pay the premium.

Guns more so have collectibility but it should be rare.

ie consecutive Garands. To think they came off production side by side, went to war, than got paired up again us pretty cool.

I have a palindrome pistol - same Sn forward or reverse. Didn't realize it when I bought it but I think it's cool.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

What kind of scope we talking about?

Comment

Sorry. Unertl 10x.

Comment

That would probably draw a premium from someone.

Perhaps someone with consecutive receivers would be very motivated.

Trouble is finding the guy and your patience on waiting to find him.

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

The CMP has auctioned several consecutive serial numbers pairs of Unertl 10x scopes. Condition is all over the place with the CMP auctions, so yours may be better and bring more. In any event the CMP still controls the market at this time, so search their data base for recent sales.

Comment

Ya, I’ve been thinking I might hold onto them until cmp runs out but not sure that’s anytime soon.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X