• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unertl usmc 50cal

Click image for larger version

Name:	987F7C1D-D4D8-4393-97C4-E2825B52A3FE.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	45898Hallo , is it hard to convert back to 308 config ?
    i’m still looking for a scope on my A1 ...
    and there is one .50 for sale on ebay..

Search old posts, there is a thread by Toki on “converting back”. Will be hard to find parts. Many of the Unertl 10x scopes being sold by CMP now are selling for around $3K.

Comment

Hogs Den may have conversion parts.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I think you would be better off to just look for a .30 caliber scope. The parts are hard to find and would be expensive if you can find them.

Just FYI that same scope just sold for $1,001 in November:

https://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...Telescope-1053

More power to the seller, I think it is worth what he is asking. He got a great deal on the auction. The .50 caliber scopes are a lot less common than the .30 caliber.

Cass

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-UNERTL...sAAOSwcOBd9P6C
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

The elevation knobs are graduated differently too. The .50 cal are graduated 2-18 in one rotation, and the .30 cal are graduated 1-10 in one rotation.

I'm assuming the elevation screws that twomanattack is making are for the .30, or maybe he is making both types. I don't think anyone other than USO has made the elevation knobs and I understand they are not making them available.

Cass

Comment

Thx for info. I’v be looking for a .30 scope then. If any for sale, pls pm me. Thx all.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X