Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokiwartooth checkin in

Guys

have had a couple of false starts. It’s been a crazy 3 years, if any of you have gone thru divorce...it’s been spotty access to my shop in my basement.
    Anyway, lost my job in March, not a big upset, I’ve pretty much planned financially, but I’m generally young (53, but I workout like crazy) so not ready to sit in the rocking chair.
    once my son graduates from college, I think my destination is the Huntsville area of Alabama. I’ve been down there 4 times with my girlfriend (her parents are in Gurley) and honestly, I’ve fallen in love with the place, even if I have to deal with tornadoes.
    I’m trying to setup something temp, but I’m in NYC, and it sucks.
    I have not disappeared, still posses the love for doing scope work, and my girlfriend is a diehard supporter of what I do, compared to my ex wife, who always made fun of me “polishing scopes” as she used to put it.

I’ll be back.... soon

Be well Sir!
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Great to see you check in my friend!
      Hang in there...
      DW

Comment

Glad to hear you’re still around. Take care.

Comment

Good to hear that you're returning to some degree of normalcy. NYC today isn't the NYC that I worked in during the 80's and 90's, or the early 2000's, but do what you have to do and get clear of that place.

Good luck!

Comment

Good to see you're still kicking ,Joe.

Comment

Great to hear from you...got a couple scope projects for you when you get settled.

Comment

Toki: you will be most welcomed in the greater Huntsville area, very active shooter community, lots of employment opportunities. I see lots of New York license plates on secondary roads and restaurants, sightings once unusual but now common place, observe more New York plates than California or Illinois plates lately.

Comment

Get back at it. Do what you love.

GL
                  DT

Comment

ready to send you money when you back into scopes. be well...

Comment

Good news. I'm glad i didn't sell my accu-range. Good luck in the new digs.

Comment

Can’t wait until your up and running again. I have a few scopes I wanna get refinished by you.

Comment

Glad to hear you are doing better. Hopefully once all of the dust settles from everything you can enjoy a less stressful life. As many others have stated above, I also have a scope needing your services.

Comment

Is there a waiting list? I have a feeling Toki is gonna be busy for a long time.

Comment

Glad to hear you have returned . I have been in your shoes , divorced , neck fusion surgery , stage 4 cancer , I fought back and never gave in . My thinking is near the same as driving , drive through the windshield and not the rear view mirror , look forward to where your headed and not where you have been . Good luck , keep me posted on returning to scope business , I have one waiting . Be safe , my friend .

Comment

Working...
                              X