Chasing two tension springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing two tension springs

Im chasing tension springs for my MST-100, Will pay instantly for express postage to Australia.
    Id really appreciate the assistance.
    Thanks,
    D

I would try Twomanattach. Do you need his phone number?

Comment

Those were the reason for the USO mod.

Interesting that USO chose to use a "Unertl Like" solution to the "weakening" leaf spring.

The manhole cover reminds me of the spring on external adjust Unertls.

A real old school gunsmith should be able to make those springs if given yours to reverse engineer from, sadly those type of gunsmiths are becoming rare.

And as already stated check with TwoManAttack.

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

With some cutting and bending with pliers tent pole pegs might work. I recently bought these for another project and they are very strong and seem about the right size to when I had my unertl apart. Just a rough guess. They are moderately big and overpowered but similar and smaller could still work if these didnt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Do you think those tent pegs would actually do the job? I’m in desperate need. The only thing I’m missing to finish my complete build

Comment

Try sending an email to......

aaron_unertl@earthlink.net

He is a former Unertl employee and has some NOS parts. Ive bought external adjust parts from him but it was years ago.

Aaron had an Ebay store at one time selling parts for Unertl EA scopes.
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by fourhourswest View Post
              Do you think those tent pegs would actually do the job? I’m in desperate need. The only thing I’m missing to finish my complete build
              They are very very strong. So if you (or a scope repair service you use) is able to cut it to the right length and use some needlenose pliers to bend them to the rough shape you need (use the pictures you have seen) then I do not see why it would not. I am not 100% sure of the width but they do make smaller ones. All they really need to do is stay in place and keep upward pressure.

Good pictures here at these guys who have just made a glass reticle replacement. (https://sentineltactical.com/usmc-ms...icle-retrofit/)

Actually I just remembered US OPTICS did a run of MST100's a few years ago and did some conversions for people. The US Optics models used the manhole cover springs but its possible they have what your looking for in a spare parts bin..
              https://www.usoptics.com
              Last edited by macethetemplar; 04-30-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

As I noted earlier gunsmiths being now more like assemblers in many places you may not find one capable of making springs but......

I wonder if you had a legit watchmaker in the area they could copy them........

Springs are not rocket science as long as a metal guy can cut the desired shape. A jewler could do the metal work, Im sure even you could if you have the pattern.

How to temper it probably has a dozen videos on youtube.

Its a task I wouldnt desire to take on but if I was in a bind........

Comment

It looks like your scope has had the USO mod done... Hard to tell in the photo. If so, the leaf springs may not work for you. It depends on which reticle body you have....

Comment

• fourhourswest
                    fourhourswest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The reticle I have is the glass etched retro fit from a sentinel. Mike is a gentleman and has been trying to help me.

• Skunk
                    Skunk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Post a pic of the reticle and the small section of tube it's affixed to.

Can anyone pull there’s apart and give me the exact dimensions? Super desperate...
                  thanks again for the responses truely grateful

Comment

This is the reticle tube and retrofitted reticle replacement
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X