Collapse

Rifle case identification help, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle case identification help, please.

Anyone able to ID this case?

No military reference on it, it was bought commercially.

I initially thought it was a Protecto but on closer inspection appears to be something else.

Transition period from Protecto to Hoppes?

Did USMC ever use similar?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5541.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	34810

Name:	image_5542.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	34811

Name:	image_5543.jpg
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	34812

Name:	image_5544.jpg
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	34813

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Hello is there any markings under the soft form and on the latches ,it looks like the transition between companies look under the latches ,I found a case and it looked like this one and found some markings under the latches turned out to be a no name case ,geoff3

/

Comment

Could be Hopped. The faces of the latches should have the number 9.

Comment

Misspelled Hoppes. Darned auto correct.

Comment

Blowing up these photos I don't see anything under or on the latches.

I don't own it and don't have it in possession so I cant examine further.

My local gunnshop owns it and when I saw it in a pile of cases I thought it was a Protecto. Taking pictures I started to wonder about markings.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

What's the dimensions?

Comment

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Guessing north of 42 inches and 12-15 inches wide.

I didnt measure it though.

Standard single rifle case.

If intended for A1 Id confirm it fit first.

Looks like some of the cases that Remington had mothballed away until about 5 years ago in the old wood shop

Comment

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Smiley,

The owner of this case has had it for quite awhile. He is a gun shop owner and when he attends auctions shows he uses it for transport stuffing it with sales pieces or acquisitions.
          Working...
          X