Fmfm1-3b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fmfm1-3b

I stumbled across an interesting find. I have an original small format FMFM1-3B, dated 5 August 1969. I had thought that was the first iteration of the manual, and it appears it's the first official publication date, but I found a large format, bound copy of FMFM 1-3B. As it was a photocopy, I thought someone may have simply taken the small format copy and enlarged it. However, when I looked at the title page, it was labeled as a Draft and the binding had a date of October, 1967, almost two years prior to final publication. Anyways, I thought it was interesting and bought it. Here are a few pictures.

Dang! I would have bought that too... very cool find!!
    DW

Comment

Was any ever made in 1990

Comment

I think the last FMFM 1-3B was 1981. After that they went through naming convention changes. I'm not a Marine, so I can't tell you the difference between a MCWP and a MCTP.

Comment

MCTP( Mission Command Training Program )
          MCWP( Marine Corps Warfighting Publication )

Comment

I can tell you that when I went through the basic course, class 1-93 we were issued our 1-3Bs in full size legal format stapled and with holes punched in them in order to put them in a spiral ringed binder along with the rest of our outlines and other course literature.
            I know the small ones were distributed to the Devils during Vietnam so that they could easily transport them in their cargo pockets or rucks as it was the only publication regarding Sniping they were issued. As well as a full sized copy would be impractical to have in the field
            I know the 1-3B went through a few updates over the years as time, training and equipment progressed. I believe the one I was issued as well as the others I have are what I believe the final version that was issued up until it was phased out
            The large one could have been a stateside school house copy as it would have stayed at the building/schoolhouse.....This is purely a guess.

Comment

I can also tell you the version we were issued is considerably different than the original publication. One of the changes being, all of the original M700/Redfield info had been deleted and updated with all of the M40A1.

Comment

Need to dig this up....got it tucked away with the rest of my junk😉

Comment

All these cool manuals and handbooks, if anyone ever wants to sell let me know

Comment

I got these on ebay and coverd their name with tape . Still looking for a scout sniper handbook .

Comment

Working...
                    X